1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Sir, I never said that Fiat is testing Linea FT with 1.3MJD, in fact how can I say that without seeing the vehicle in person :)
    I was just asking our fellow TFIans to notice the boot when they come across the test vehicles. But of course you have confirmed that they have removed all logos so there is no point in looking for the logos now. So we have to wait till we get some reliable information.

Why do we think that if it is 1.6 then it should be 5GB? Is there any difficulty in mating 5GB with 1.6 engine?

Thanks
    Gopi

Regards
    Gopi

- - - Merged Post - - -

Then the mention of 1.6 MJD must be a typo error in the future plans slide and we are also used to such errors :)
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

Rather than just the torque, the gearbox limit also plays a role. Example new octavia, 1.4 Tsi and 1.8 tsi hv same torque rating. The latter due to the dq 200 gearbox limit of 250 nm. The 1.8 even with a simple stage 1 remap and exhaust will take the torque beyond 300 nm. So the design of the box plays a role. The 5 speed ones FPT have the 300 nm limitation. And FIAT would not want to risk going to the limit

Sent from my GT-N7000
  3. Please quote your source of information.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    do the vento and rapid have the same gearbox as 1.4 TSI and 1.8 TSI octavia?
    if yes then they are running a risk it seems if someone remaps for higher torque :)
  5. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    So are you saying that there is no point in bringing Linea 1.6 because of its segment positioning and it will not sell.

Please note that the torque in 1.6MJD with FGT is 290NM.

Fiat - Linea - 1.6 16V Multijet (105 Hp) - Technical specifications, Fuel economy (consumption)

Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  6. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Here with the snapshot of the available gearboxes with Fiat. The source is one of the presentations available on FPT over Google.

FPT.jpg

The 1.4 TSI and the Laura 1.8 TSI comes with the 6 speed manual and the ones on the Rapid and Vento are different from this. The opportunity to mod to a higher rating is open on the six speed one. I am not sure of the capacity of the 5 speed ones available on the Vento and Rapid. Will need some time to find out.

I am not telling there is no point bring it, they surely need to bring the 1.6 with a 6 speed. However, the pricing will play a key role for the number of cars that move out of the showroom floor. But the 1.6 with 6 speed coupled with the tax structure will push the cost up. It will be interesting how Fiat will manage this if at all they decide to get the 1.6 out. It will be lot safer to get the 6 speed one to handle the 290 NM torque instead of the 305 NM one. Hope its clear now.

PS: I am also looking to upgrade to 1.6 if at all it comes out and does not outprice itself.
    7 people like this.
  8. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Good technical stuff Mr.nkrishnap and it could be easily understood from these share
  9. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    It is all about getting nervous when someone doubts about 1.6. We want it at any COST!!!

Regards
    Gopi
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Yes sir we have to wait until we get some reliable information.1.6 needs 6GB which will improve its performance& efficiency on highways.Even small i20 has this so why Linea 1.6 shouldnt get this?Fiat future plans slide is not a typo error for sure.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanx for this technical stuff which you posted here Nkrishnap.I m also in if Fiat brings 1.6 to India in Linea.We know how Fiat prices its cars.So we can hope that Fiat doesnt outprice Linea with 1.6 mated to 6 speed GB considering our govt's tax structure for engines more than 1.5 l.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.