1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    We are speculating away to glory with any concrete information. There are various engine options for Punto and Linea abroad. So we cant take that as a guideline to speculate as our market is very different. At 10 lakhs our market expects all the features in the world with a dual clutch transmission automatic.

None of the test mules have been spotted with the 6 speed box yet. The 1.6 MJD comes in the 6 speed. I dont think Fiat is going to re engineer the 5 speed box for the 1.6.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Pemmasg,
    Yup European Linea has Multijet & T-jet mentioned on boot.But i asked you how did u said that Fiat in India is testing Linea facelift with 1.3mjd engine.Yup it has 5 speed GB but we dont know whether its T-Jet or MJD engine.

Yup its the same one.

Thanx a lot Linealover.Making this forum lively makes me more proud that i m a Fiat fan.Yup we fiatians surely will wake up from hibernation if Fiat launches 1.6 next year at Auto Expo in New Linea.

Yep Sat,
    FIAT has 1.6 in its pipeline for Linea next year.CUV is a compact people mover to rival Ertiga,Enjoy & other CUV's.It may be based on 500 platform,i think its 500XL
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. What is wrong in specultion with concrete information ?

This I call it as speculation,how can you say so surely whether FIAT can or can not ?
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Because trying to use a 5 speed gearbox with the mighty 1.6 would be like trying to dress Arnold Schawarzenegger in a polka dotted frock. Yes you can do it, but should you do it? Nope.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +1, you made my work easy of explaining what I meant in the post. The 6 speed mule is not spotted yet. The 1.6 + 6 speed gearbox will push up the cost and out price the car in the segment to make it a sales dud.

1.6 needs the 6 speed box as the 5 speed ones are rated at 300 NM torque capacity and the 1.6 even with FGT is way too close to this limit for comfort.
  6. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    palio 1.6 comes wid 5 speed gearbx so whtsd prblm??
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @ Gaurav,
    Read Nkrishnap's post.1.6 needs 6 speed gearbox if torque is more than 300 nm,Palio 1.6 had torque under 300 nm.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If only everything was that simple. :)

When an engine is putting out almost 3 times the torque as the Palio 1.6 engine, a wise engineer will know how to harness it in the best manner possible.

It's not mechanical limitation only. It's about harnessing the torque in the best manner possible. 6 speeds can do the job better than 5. You can have 5 ratios quite close to each other and leave the 6th as an overdrive. Since the engine is immensely torquey, pulling the 6th wouldn't be an issue.

Mechanical engineering is not as easy as it seems to us laymen.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Can the 7 speed be mated to 1.6? Not sure how much helpful 7 be than 6 especially on indian highways, but kool to have :D Yes the damn price increases..
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    we also have VW 1.6 engines running in vento and rapid with 5 speed gearbox and 250 NM max torque. will 290 NM of max torque for the Fiat 1.6 engine make such a huge difference?
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.