1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I think the new linea misses the design upgrade clues, its not keeping updated with latest styles.

I remember seeing one creative layout for Linea, and I liked the styling clues
    Linea_photomontage___rear_by_cananea.jpg

Linea_photomontage___front_by_cananea.jpg

Credit: cananea (Carlos Canana) on deviantART
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    11 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Viny..Wow..Linea is looking sexier in this creative layout..She's looking more like a Fluidic in this design..i think Fiat wants to keep Linea's design Classy which looks Simply Stunning and doesnt want to design its cars like Hyundai's Fluidic design which has latest styling..
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am sorry if I din't put it well. I never said it would'nt sell at all. It might sell, but might not do wonders for Fiat if the pricing isn't right. My concern would be the pricing. If Fiat wants decent numbers, the only thing Fiat needs to do is to sell it at an irresistable price point. Best example could be New Ford Fiesta, which inspite of being a competant Sedan couldn't do much in numbers because of its price.

How many would buy a Linea 1.6 MJD @ 13-14 lakhs OTR? Can Fiat price it at the current Linea's price ~11 lakhs? What about excise duty for engines more than 1.5 L capacity?

Coming to your point. You know few who backed out from Linea because of its engine. I know many who din't even consider Linea as it is from Fiat. So engine isn't the only draw back that Linea has got. You know what I mean. ;)
    2 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    very true Kiran!
    Fiat doesnt even figure in common man's shortlist because of its perceived reputation! engine/power etc comes later which is discussed only by people who do their research before buying.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if it Launched with the different name in proper segment,then one can expect wonders from FIAT.

Yeah,It is slowly changing with the time(no.of punto and lineas increased)
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Basically if you look the creative design just changed the same 3-4 parts, the front and rear bumpers, the boot door and lights.

I am not sure if majority of indians would like the new linea design, given that indians are bombarded with latest design clues which are not so classic, hence the perception makes a big difference. If one doesnt get that feel of being new linea, then no one takes it new.

For example the Honda City, Fiesta and Verna from same range when came up with new version had a totally different design pointers, which are very futuristic and has set the designing trend meeting some global design clues. Thus expectations would be on that line, else new Linea will fall worse, given that neither it carries the old Linea classic looks nor it has the modern appeal.

I think Renault Fluence is good mixture of pulling the Eurpoean / Itatian designs with latest design clues.

Adding one more sketch of same

facelift_of_facelift_by_cananea-d31j03i.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    8 people like this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Designing good cars on sketches is easier than formulating an actual good looking production model. People in the car designing world have so much creativity and passion, they can pencil a new design every 5 min out of the dream onto canvas. However, The more attractive and smooth flowing curves are, less justification they make for the budget or a volume seller. As it goes more and more expensive, it tends to become curvier. The Linea and Punto in it's existing looks is the best deal ever possible IMO. Formulating a design with budget limitations, people generally ends up making awkward looking boxes like countless seen everywhere (me and you may end up with an autorickshaw!)

This classic or whatever linea is a dis-grace to say the least. For Engine, A locally manufactured bigger diesel has to be launched if they want JEEP to be volume player here. That won't be for Linea or Sportier version of Punto, but FIAT cars will be obviously benefitted. Fluence is one eye candy for sure.. may be with a better looking exhaust and heavy suspension arms visible from rear (like MK1 old Skoda Laura) would make it unbeatable to anything upto 12 lacs.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    4 people like this.
  9. AbhijitRC

AbhijitRC Timido

Pune,MH
    When i bought my Linea,i always wondered how will they make this car more beautiful.To me it it always ranks on my top 3 "beautiful" cars.Then Turkey got the new version.And later i saw the dodge DART.Fiat Designers take a bow for the effort. Very contemporary yet modern design with all the necessary curves. If only fiat would launch the dart to sell alongside the fiat with another kick ass name..
    1 person likes this.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I have my own doubts if Fiat will bring in the 1.6, specially due to the tax structure. That is the reason Renault and Honda have worked on the 1.5. There is a huge tax difference. May be Fiat is working on to prune the 1.6 by the time it is plonked in any of its cars.

Abdul
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.