1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Abarth is a completely different leauge mate. Don't even think of comparing it with the GTs.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Atleast sounds like a warrior than the defender.

linea model design sounds like TATA motors script copy of Indigo manza,Manza.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    For Abarth, the third iteration of product planning is in going on :A. God knows which one comes out during the Auto Expo 2014. I hope its the Punto Evo Abarth Essesse with the Multiair. It will really make the power hungry guys happy as that car has quite a bit of mod potential.

Another piece of info. The training for Linea Classic is happening as I am typing this post.
    3 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I know of one. He is from Hyderabad ;)

Seems so Ravi. The 1.3 VGT would have to undercut the Vento etc by quite a bit to present a case for itself. And the 1.6 Linea would have to pack in a fair bit of additional gizmos/toys to land straight into this segment. The rest of the package is solid as is and the new interior is very promising.

Amaze diesel SMT costs nearly 8 lakhs OTR here in Chandigarh. If the stripped down Linea can somehow sit in this category, it can do well. They can keep it spartan and lacking the features of the Punto top end so as to not cannibalise Punto sales.

So much speculation here. We just might start our own speculative ventures.
    3 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think you meant to say 1.3 FGT?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    No Ramesh, i meant FGT only but for the New Linea. forgot to add that.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Yeah :D Bose Suman is really looking forward for 1.6MJD ;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ that makes it two, isn't it? ;)
    2 people like this.
  9. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Dear Kiran, why do you think 1.6 MJD won't sell? One of the leading reasons for people ( I know a few) to break deal with Linea was the lesser powerful engine. Or I didn't get your concern right.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

First of all FIAT will never commit a mistake to bring in a new engine to india with four year old car linea which already has a dead sales. Bringing it in linea means killing the importance of engine. I think FIAT will only bring it in a new model plus bringing a new engine involves a huge amount of investment and changes to transmission segment in the factory.

They will not waste this investment on linea for sure.

On the other hand of they import the engine like tjet then the car cost will go up too much and linea will fail.

So overall to me it does not make sense to bring linea 1.6mjd... it should be viaggio 1
    6 or something else.

Note: just my two cents

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.