1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Delighted to see New Linea testing on roads of india quite early..Awesome..@Nkrishnap is this news true abt Fiat launching Linea Classic on sep 20?for diwali only Linea Classic will be launched or we can even expect New updated Linea for diwali?1.6 is a must for new Linea..but still its not confirmed whether Fiat will debut 1.6 in india bcoz i had read somewhere that 1.6 engine needs pure diesel which we dont have in our indian petrol bunks..
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    By when would it be confirmed if Linea would have the 1.6 MJD as we are contemplating buying a new car but Linea would only be considered if it has a more powerful diesel engine. Petrol is out of question!
  3. Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

Probably nothing before 2014..
    Y dont you get a linea and remap it to your requirements..it will work out cheaper though cannot be compared to its 1.6mjd counterpart still a powerful engine..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Its for dad and he would not want to get into any sort of mods!
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Is this Funny Joker of Indian Automotive sector really serious this time?
    A bigger diesel has to be launched for use in their promised range of future cars and and B/C seg. SUVs, that doesn't need rocket science or Psychic abilities to conclude. However, It's FIAT who have struggled to control their habit of tickling Indian-fans, fitting 1248 cc MJD VGT across whole planned range is not a bad idea at all:drinks!

Till then, This new Linea will do the tickling job, have fun!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am pretty sure, you would not get any pictures from the SA. Atleast, Fiat would not allow them to make pictures. He has to take a lot of risk to take the pics and I don't think he will get into that sort of trouble. All you can expect is the Specs for the new MJD. Probably, a 75HP with FGT (similar to Punto) and a reduced weight for efficiency. Fiat might not launch Linea Classic in T-jet avatar. FIRE can be a possibility though. But why?? Only Fiat should know.

We need not wait till Dusserah as far as I know, the launch is just around the corner. Wait for a week or 10 days and you will already have all the info available all over the internet atleast.

P.S: Don't ask for sources. You may choose to believe me or can ignore it as a rumour. Cause I din't ask for sources or proof from the person who divulged this info to me. Its all about trust.

Edit: I have a doubt. From the Turkey website, the Linea Classic is the same as the current MJD with VGT and 90HP. The New Linea is 1.6MJD with 105HP.

If, in India, the Linea Classic to be launched is 75HP FGT, then would the New Linea be 1.3 MJD 90HP with a face lift (exterior & interios)??
    If it is bound to be 1.6 MJD, then would Fiat skip 1.3MJD VGT 90HP for good or the Linea Classic will be 1.3MJD 90HP with stripped down features and lower price?

Start speculating :)
    2 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I reckon FIAT will put both the 1.3 VGT and the 1.6 Multijet in the refreshed Linea and do away with the FIRE 1.4 altogether. That means two diesel choices and one petrol : T-Jet.

The classic Linea in it's new supposed cheaper avatar might carry on with the 1.4 FIRE and the 1.3 76hp engine only.

Disclaimer - The above information is complete speculation and the work of an idle mind :evilsmile
    5 people like this.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    ^^^ This makes more sense to me.

May be Fiat has taken bits from both Hyundai and Ford.

Ford Fiesta Classic - New Ford Fiesta (With CC) :: Fiat Linea Classic - New Fiat Linea (With CC)

Hyundai Verna 1.4 CRDI - Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI :: New Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD - New Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD

Hope Fiat gives an Auto Tranny on the 1.6 MJD (like Verna 1.6) :-D. There is no end for speculations. Only question is, how many takers would Fiat find?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guri you seems to be bang on.
    I don't see any other combination will work for New Linea.

For Linea classic, even some is reporting same (EXCLUSIVE: Fiat India to introduce seven new models | CarDekho.com)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whatever be the engine specifications the name always remains the same "Punto" and "Linea" :mad: .
    ABARTH was right time to launch as compared with VW.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.