1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat New Linea - Price starts from Rs 7.64 L

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sidindica, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I heard something similar, what i heard is that FIAT is trying to launch a variant of linea in the C Segment (the current one is in C+). Though i didn't hear anything specific about it being 75HP, looks like FIAT is thinking if the dezire can do it, the Linea can do it too.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Appears the competition is more with TATA than with MARUTI. Looks like you missed the weight reduction bit. If they continue this way, the "Tank like build" will be relegated to the history books :A :A

Rajan
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Scoop: 2014 Linea caught testing in India

^^ If this is going to be the way ahead for Fiat, then there is no point in being a fan of Fiat cars.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Let's hold our horses till the Linea "classic" comes out. Along with the 76hp and weight reduction, I have also heard of a reworked gearbox being present. So, let's see how the package turns out.

FIAT is no Maruti. Even if they try to make a Dzire, they'll do something much better.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    So, there is going to be a lighter, low powered Linea, badged "Linea Classic", a face lifted, interiors refreshed Linea called "The all new Linea"?

So, where do I stand? "Linea Renegade?" Not that I mind. Actually sounds good :D

Rajan
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I thought Linea Classic would come with 1.3 90 Hp and New Linea with 1.6 105 Hp. If Linea Classic is launched with 75 HP there are chances that the New Linea will be offered only with 1.3 90 HP. This will then mean that the current generation Linea owners (from 2009) do not have a logical option to upgrade their cars with Fiat again.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The real brain twister is going to happen on the pricing front.

New Linea cannot exceed Vento / Verna band. The dumbed-down Linea might cannibalise Punto's sales if priced too close. FIAT has it's hands full.

Good or bad, it's heartening to see FIAT coming up with new strategies. 2014 will be an exciting year ;)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Think outside the Diesel Sir. There is only one reason for the current generation MJD owners to upgrade. T-Jet. Enough said :D

Odd possibilities with odder hopes. Looking forward to FIAT getting back to being a name of reckoning in the Indian car buyers' mind.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. I may seriously consider this next year. :)
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dang !!! why always this kind of confusions come up indian automobile market.
    The original buyer of the brand are left without any value and brand goes for toss.
    And FIAT is notorious on this, they have already done the same with renaming orignal Active, Dynamic, Emotion, Emotion pack to new naming culture where emotion pack no more exists and other have gain more from precedence tag in category. So if buyer goes to buy a Linea Emotion in second hand he expects the features of Emotion pack as thats whats offered in current emotion, but then he sees few things missing, which looks more like Dynamic. Hence selling the car in second hand market becomes a night mare for initial batch owners.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.