1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat new car secret Revealed...

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by rohitjha, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    More than Siena, the front is like the Linea (Because of the headlamps)
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    As said by Adbul, can you please take the picture and post it in the forum. We need to see it.
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    I already posted pic in page 6. Pl. check.
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Some more information on the New Palio-Project 326: http://indianautosblog.com/2011/04/2012-fiat-palio-project-326

The 2012 Fiat Palio (Project 326) has taken shape and Fiat engineers are now testing fully constructed prototypes sporting checkered sticker camouflage on Brazilian roads. Unconfirmed reports convey the debut takes place in July. Remember that Fiat India has spoken about entering the space below the Punto with an all-new small car and what you see here might be what they are talking about.

Fiat has no plans to introduce the Novo Uno in India. Instead it can take on the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai i10, etc with the Project 326. Fiat should have known by now that the Palio nameplate cannot exist on the new model. Fiat hardly sells a handful of Palios in India, and the updated diesel engine hasn’t helped boost sales. One can only imagine that it has got to do something with the image surrounding the Palio.

Having said that, it will take just one product to turn around Fiat’ fortunes. If the new Palio clicks, then consumer interest will automatically rise on some of its other products as dealerships will experience heavy activity. This might also benefit Tata products, but that debate is for another day.

Millions of cars are sold in the 3.5-5.5 lakh rupee segment which makes up 70% of the market share. The Project 326 might just be the lucky break for Fiat India.

There are no points for guessing what will be under the hood of this mini-Punto – Fiat will give it the 1.3-liter Multi-jet diesel motor and perhaps a 1.0-liter petrol engine. Fiat is not against the idea of bringing Multiair technology to India. The time and occasion has to be right and it could well be when this car premieres. Fiat, will you launch this car at the Auto Expo next year?
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well As the CEO the new launch of Fiat car for INDIA was in 2011???????? will they keep up the words.
  6. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A new problem has popped up and its a big one." WHICH FIAT CAR SHOULD I BUY" ? SHOULD I BUY THE PALIO, OR THE PUNTO EVO OR THE SIENA, OR THE IDD ? I think i will toss a coin and let it decide, that way i can save some of my hair from being plucked, and it would be better for my health too.
  7. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Why you are so worried?

Where is Palio....................etc......evo....?

Any news?
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    They cannot use the name PALIO or UNO anymore in India.... They need a new name and a better marketing strategy....
    They need a super stealth looking name for the small car ... Like F1K (for 1.0 L engine), F1K3 (for 1.3L diesel)....
    Or may be Fiat Superior, Fiat Cheerio... (cheezy :D)

They would need loads of brand building near the new small car if they are trying to eat into maruti / hyundai / ford's share...
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Any news in the air, when andwhich model will be launched in India, or are we just dreaming of it????
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Till FIAT India makes an official statement in this regard, we are all dreaming.

Lets just hope they bring in the cars which can sell in volumes , not exotics like the Bravo( For us, it sure is an exotic) etc.