1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Multiair is Best New Engine of the Year

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by amit, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Reading the thread, is nice information in here, But do we have any of the Fiat guyz in here to get to their notice what inputs and information is shared on this fourum. I think we should have some one from Fiat join and be a active member and will help us and Fiat climb up the laddar. Just a thought.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nice Video, Punto looks great and Huge in front of VW.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    The engine of the year is not as good as they claim. Only sold for a few months in the UK and dealers have booked them in for a new turbo. The dealer near me had roughly half of the sold new twins already booke or repaired.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you explain more. I have read that it is a fabulous engine. Can you make a comparitive statement with other engines for better understanding.
  6. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    An extreme high percentage (close to 50%) are booked or have been already with dealers for turbo damages. Also the engine is not as nice to drive as the 4 cylinders.

I do not doubt that the idea of the engine is brilliant, but they have cut cost everywhere making it a pretty poor engine. The sales people do not like to sell it anymore as the repercussions are hitting them on sales of new cars. In the dealership I am doing all my development work on the new Fiats they steer the potential customers of the engine variant.

Also the claimed fuel consumption does not work other than in the Euro test cycle (as it was with the Tovota Prius, which uses double the fuel then in the test).

It is a shame that the automotive industries votes products for awards just on what the technical possibilities are rather than on long term tests, which would push the manufacturers for higher production quality standards.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @drifter : Thanks.
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

B$ question.. do they have this information?