1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Multiair is Best New Engine of the Year

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by amit, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Fiat’s Multiair engine wins Popular Science award

Just came across this news in the Official Fiat Fan Page(Facebook). :clapping

Quote from the Official Fiat Fan Page :

Source : Official Fiat Fan Page(Facebook).

Fiat MultiAir | Popular Science
  2. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Superb news...Thanks for sharing. Lets hope that this engine makes it to india soon :)
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Amit thank you for sharing such a wonderful engine. Fiat should advertise this in India.
  4. When this will come to India? i only trust Fiat will bring it here as most other manufacturer's are trying to sell India specific products.

How much power and torque does Multi Air engine deliver?

-Sat
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    ~15% more efficient and powerful is what FIAT claims
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Im more concerned about whether the Indian market is ready to accept it.

It is a complex piece of engineering. And when the parts relating to its famed 'electro-hydraulic' valve actuation will need a replacement due to any reason , the first thing a normal Joe is gonna say is this - " so expensive? we can rebuild the entire Alto engine with this much money"

People need to understand that as things become complex, the costs also rise. And stop comparing chalk with cheese.

Otherwise, its a fabulous engine and if launched would make a diesel-head like me to go for petrol.

Gurjinder.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    if bravo is launched sooner or later in india with multiair.... i would say Bravo Fiat..!!!
  8. I got flamed by a so called expert(don't want name) for saying Multi-Air is one of the best engines and few first from Fiat in an another forum,but this engine of the year award proves that I was right, as it's certified by more of real experts .

FPT way to go, hope to see 4 millon units of Multi air, below you tube video show cases 1.3 multiair engined evo.

-Sat
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  9. err...the video link says ' Fiat Punto EVO 1.3 Multijet Diesel'.
  10. Here is the link apologies Pasted wrong link earlier.