1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat MJD vs i20 CRDi

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sundar1900, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Today there is an advertisement in the Hindu from Hyundai comparing i20 vs Swift. Let us not bother about any specs other than the engine. In paper they showed the 76 hp engine of Maruti (Fiat multijet) is inferior than i20's in terms of power and torque. Since it flies in the face of Fiat's celebrated engine, can TFI members give fitting response to the ad?
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. During high-rev driving, our teky's punto gave 12.5 kmpl mileage. But Many of the i20 owners in my college are getting 7-8 kmpl in their[COLLEGE STUDENTS] usual driving conditions. And the crdi engine has to be maintained regularly for a trouble free drive unlike our multijet which doesnt need a regular maintanence. And it gives more troubles after some years as I heard.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Back in 2009, before the Punto was launched, I was looking for a second hand Accent, and I was strongly advised against buying a CRDi from Hyundai that has clocked around 70,000km. I was told that if not properly maintained, you will have to shell out a bomb at around that point to restore the engine.
    And probably it was not surprising to see quite a number of Accents 3-5 years old and 50-80K on odo going cheap at 2.5L to 3.5L.
    Anyway while I dithered, the Punto was launched and I never looked back.
    1 person likes this.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i-20 CRDi is very noisy. It emits noise like tractor at part throttle.
    Though having VGT it has huge turbo-lag than multijet.
    In addition to that it has old generation bosch pump to deliever fuel.
    So frequent overhaulment of fuel pump.

With technological view 75 HP MJD & DDiS is more refined & superiour than it.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You are kidding,right?
    Hyundai has on of the most refined Diesel engine,and should i say it is more refined than National MJD.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Yes the i20's diesel engine has higher power and torque outputs than the 75/76 bhp of the Punto.

As there is no falsity claimed, so i don't think there's a need for a "fitting response" really.

Hence, locking the thread.

7 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.