1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT MID uses

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Aniket Dessai, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am planning to book a Punto very soon. Just wanted to know what this MID is useful for. I read many threads where questions regarding it were asked and people couldn't interpret the meaning. Never saw this in other cars. Is it unique to fiat ? Does the car have sensors everywhere Like f1 cars do?
  2. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Didn't understand the question. MID is present is all the car(s), some provide lesser, and some more details
    Can you please re-phrase the question, what exactly you are looking for
  3. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    MID is present in most of the cars nowadays.. Here is some info on what is MID and how it is used.. Not sure if you are looking for this..

What is MID?

Multi Information Display will provide information about your car and the information varies on car to car depending upon the price you pay for the vehicle. The below details are commonly found on a MID and the information would increase as you pay more for your car.

• Average fuel consumption
    • Instantaneous fuel consumption
    • Travel time
    • Average speed
    • Distance covered

How does it work?

MID is connected directly to vehicles ECU and it transmits information to the LCD display in front of the dashboard.
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I know every car has a MID but they don't display information about issues in the engine.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure about other(s), but FIAT MID does display warning. It may not give you all warning, but does indicate the major issue(s).
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai Most modern cars at least premium hatchbacks and above have these warning displayed on MID or under speedo meter. Even older swift had. Turn the key to MAR postion and you can see may lights glowing like engine, oil pressure etc. Some do it through icons and some like Fiat through MID as well as icons. I have never encountered such failures except once in Punto where I got a low oil pressure warning on the MID as well the oil icon was glowing. I never had any such issue with any other car.

Folks with experience may be able to enlighten.
  7. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT