1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat may launch 1.5MJD in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by esskay, Aug 2, 2014.

1. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my opinion, FIAT India is pacing it nicely. Fiat sales and A.S.S are slowly getting better and simultaneously, they are launching refurbished products without compromising on the core FIAT ethos. A new 1.5 diesel engine is on its way which will easily cater to all FIAT products for the next 5 years at least. Don't judge FIAT based on one bad decision (deferring the promised launch of JEEP ie.). JEEP is a high-value/low-volume brand with a niche product-line.

There is no point in complaining about all the lost time. And there's no point in hurrying with product launches either since the bad perception among consumers is still very much there. Let them take their sweet time and build up the momentum-shift gradually. I think they are going to be all right :):)
    VIJENDRA SINGH, bharath and prabhjot like this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Good News & little update:- (As far I am able to extract)

1. Viaggio & 1.6MJD confirmed for India ( no Variant details discussed till now, but the model confirmed).
    2. 1.6 will be Fiat specific and only Fiat car engine.
    3. I asked for linea details:- No news for 1.6 for Linea- no one is discussing on Linea now :(.
    4. 1.6 may be imported or assembled in india:- that will be decided after all contract completion of other manufacter- TATA or Maruti. No Contract with them for 1.6, so no issue.
    5. If this 1.6 is imported then there is no chance of making way in Avventura or Linea.
    6. If this 1.6 is assembled in India then there is a possibility of Linea or Avventura to get this ( though very little chance).
    7. Verna (3500 per month) & Elantra (300-350 per month), So there is a possibility to take this battle for Viaggio with good Pricing as no other car is below 20L in D segment. With Same engine & power Elantra sale is 300-350 so there is a very good oppertuinity of Viaggio with 1.6.

My wish atleast Fiat consider only one model for Linea with 1.6 ( with FGT-105 BHP-290NM).
    Ravi likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not asking for source :), but does this mean Fiat 5 year plan is changing? And as per source, no 1.5 in plan, right?
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps they are considering to fully make over Linea to look like a Maserati. If that happens, and if with the low cost, it would be awesome :D
    But Suman, the 1.6 is def a good news, but when? Already 1.6 is ruling the market in the higher segment. So if FIAT comes late, then its a big mistake.
    BoseSuman likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I only able to get the word Viaggio & 1.6, no other words.
    As per Fiat plan ( you posted earlier) there is 1.6 MJD ( Linea), Fiat missed this ( don't know the mystry why they mentioned this in the plan when they are not providing).
    A D segment sedan mentioned also in Plan ( with cover), so now they planned this with Viaggio. Same link you posted has one covered Car too ;), That is the D segment based on earlier Plan ( where 1.6 MJD Linea mentioned).

For 1.5 No one knows, I don't know from where Autocar gets 1.5 new Diesel engine. Fiat doesn't have any 1.5 or any plan globally too. So 1.6 is the engine coming to India.

Avventura is with 1.3 MJD 90 HP and 1.4 FIRE 90 HP only.

Jeep Renegede might get FIAT Badge and introduced as CSUV with 1.6 MJD ( as per FIAT Plan).

As 1.6 will be Fiat specific engine so this will not be mass market ( so less chances in Linea :( ).

I can understand some dumb planner & designer in FIAT ( those don't know how to read market and see the future, they know only sales and only product sale from Plant to Dealer).
    They killed the product Punto & Linea already, going to kill the Avventura ( be ready for the price come out, hope Fiat management doesn't listed some dumb advice for Avventura pricing they received from some dumb people. My pray to Fiat that price it comparetively).
    Don't know who gave the advice for active & dynamic version for Avventura ( then what is the need to launch Punto Evo with looks from Avventura). They are cutting their own legs by axe.

Viaggio has the potencial to crack market for Fiat as Renegede ( with Fiat Badge), If you ask me, personally I don't like to introduce this beautiful sedan with 1.6 ( which has the all potencial to fight with Jetta/Octavia in D segment- Size is far more greater than this 2).
    Murphy_Fiat and Ravi like this.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    My feeling is Viaggio need to come with a 1.9L or bigger engine if it is to compete in the D segment.
    Wonder why Fiat is 300cc short of expectation, always :confused:
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Viaggio is great news but when is it coming?
    If they plan to bring it in 2016, by then the competition would again have been moved forward!
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1.5 is NOT coming.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like the MD himself should drop by and stop the rumors. Else this will be going in circles.