1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat may launch 1.5MJD in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by esskay, Aug 2, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    On the occasional drives of the Linea, I feel quite contented and sometimes happy with the way the car performs in certain conditions. With the added CC and perhaps with MJD2, the added torque even at bare basic tunes is going to make many people happy. There needs to be atleast one version for people who don't care for EGRs (egr and DPF deleters..:mad:) or ecology or such, the so called higher tuned version at higher costs, for the so called enthusiasts at much higher tax slabs..:greedy: Like the one they have in Duster, now to be introduced in 4x4, auto/manual diff.-lock for some occasional off-roading. Evidently, it's still a long wait before they actually produce these here, so it's more speculation and wait and see. :)
    For most commuter cars the trend is towards lowering CC. Maybe Suzuki will lead the pack with their smallest diesel iteration much earlier than they forecast.:joyful:
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Take these kind of articles with pinch of salts. All are just imaginations for now.

There is a plan (http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-india-future-plans.8575/) of C segment SUV, from Jeep, in 2016. But Fiat has already missed, multiple times, on Jeep launches, discussing on engine option is 'too' pre-mature.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    There is a possibility that based on the market conditions those already projected plans might see a slight changes, correct, as you have already stated on missing Jeep deadlines. If FIAT feels that current market not ready to accept a respective brand/model, i guess its wise they would think to push the plans.
    Although i would agree to you on taking it lightly of the news.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Friends, this look like another imagination.
    As per Fiat plan there are no 1.5 diesel engine.

Let me give some input ( I will not tell the source details as it is in plan and under reviewing).

1. Fiat is Planning to Introduce Viaggio as D segment car ( with 1.6 MJD as the model saw good success in China), It need lots of approval as it is the Joint venture of GAC & FIAT. ( As per Fiat plan this is the new D segment sedan without no name mentioned).
    2. Jeep Renegede with 1.6 MJD as compact SUV as per Fiat Plan.
    3. Jeep Grande Cherokee with Local assembly to reduce the price tag.
    4. Jeep Wrangler with CKD route.

All are in Plan and Fiat is seriously considering this and it is under reviewing, so forget about 1.5 MJD or 1.6 MJD in Linea in future. Linea will be present as C2 segment car with 1.3 MJD/1.4 TJet.

May be Viaggio will come with higher state of tune with VGT ( 120-130 BHP and 350 NM torque), and may be 150 BHP TJet as China ( this is my imagination for Tjet ;) )

Don't take this as final confirmation as this is under review only.
    Murphy_Fiat and Ravi like this.
  6. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    Good move by fiat! .. This all makes sense .. Fiat will truely be free from sharing any technology with tata from 2016 onwards only. So introducing 1.5L mjd in 2016 is what fiat really needs to do .. Ahem: multiair2 ahem :
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @BoseSuman
    Perhaps these auto magazine just goof up some stories to have their ratings go high, i guess.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    They want to introduce Viaggio in super competitive and shrinking D segment? Who is doing market research for them? :mad:
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Zen, I got this details sometimes back, but not shared to anywhere as this is under review. As I saw this rumore is spreading lot not able to control to share this. I am not sure how people started thinking of reducing 1.6 MJD to 1.5, first of all no License to Fiat India for 1.6 from Fiat to use 1.6 in India, how come they reduce it to 1.5. If so do you belive Fiat management is so dumb for not launching 1.6 in India for last couple of years. May be they are trying hard to get this for India. I also read most of the folks are bashing Maruti for not launcing 1.6 DDIS ( which is 1.6 MJD), while Fiat India is not able to get so easily how maruti will get it from Fiat.

Yes Rudresh, when I got the news I was like wow. But the surprise came as 1.6 in Viaggio, so they are trying to replicate same New Elantra story ( D segment car with same engine output as Verna). So this will be targetted with some set of customer. But I believe this is not bad move from Fiat ( elantra is also selling good, not like big hyundai).
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm....FIAT Spa should give license to use 1.6 MJD to FIAL though its just its own child, strange and bad. If it was still JV with TATA like earlier it may be OK, but now still.