1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat may launch 1.5MJD in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by esskay, Aug 2, 2014.

1. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    I mentioned "make profits"
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    1.5 MJD with 110 HP FGT and atleast more or 23 kmpl should come on Avventura so as to compete with Ford Ecosport (90 HP, 22.5 kmpl)
    1.2 Tjet or Multiair or what ever with 100 HP and more or 18-19 kmpl for petrol model.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    FIAT has many things in pipeline,
    But No body knows when the flow will begin
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, like a common municipal tap, a long pipeline with us at the other end. Waiting to see the continuous flow, instead the occasional long waiting and dripping of some product here and there. Keeping many a people thirsty or craving for more... ::pP
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    More than a bigger engine they need a better gearbox.... even 1.3mjd vgt with a good gearbox can do wonders...
    2 people like this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Then tata will buy it ...lol
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The gearbox is fine. Just needs an engine which makes more low rpm torque and can fill in the huge 1100rpm-1800rpm no torque gap. Pair this much criticised gearbox with a low rpm torquey engine and everyone will be grinning ear to ear.

I often hear that the Swift gearbox is brilliant. In 0-100 maybe. In city conditions it's a nightmare. The ratios are longer than the engine can handle leading to terrible lag till 2200rpm comes and pulls that gear. There are both the new and old Swift Vdi in my extended family and I get to drive them often. My experience is based on those drives in Gurgaon city traffic. And I would much rather drive Punto in those conditions.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    It seems confirmed that the 1.5/1.6 mjd will be here by the middle of next year, made viable by Maruti Suzuki's need for it in the S-Cross (and Ciaz? and XA Alpha?)

So fiat can offer it on the Linea and/or Abarth Punto and/or Avventura.by the middle of next year. They had better, especially on the Linea.

Also, this really also means that the costing/pricing for the Jeep C-SUv to be India-made in 2016, and the Fiat-branded B-SUV promised also for 2016, with this engine made here, can/will be very aggressive.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since it looks like confirmed that Avventura is coming with 1.3, 90hp, only hope for 1.5 MJD is next year, may be with Linea refresh timeline.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Right said, to mask the lag in the lower rpms, the ratios for first and second is selected, which actually helps the city runs, but spoils the 0-100 runs which anyways is for theoritical or testing purposes only. What makes the gearbox look average is the rubbery shifts and longer throws. But with both the Palio and Linea, I have observed that the shifts have become smoother over time. The Palio has 115K kms and Linea is at 41K.

The higher capacity engine will need a new gearbox as the current one is limited and cannot handle the 1.6 MJD unless the torque is heavily detuned.

Not just city runs, the ghat sections to drive the diesel swift is a royal pain. The first gear is ok, and shift to second the momentum is gone. Downshit and you will be over revving in the first gear. The gear ratios of the Punto/Linea is good enough on this aspect.

Its war of words with my friend when we need take out the swift to any destination which has ghat sections.

I will not be surprised if the Avventura is coming only with the 1.4 FIRE and the 1.3 90 HP diesel engine. The 1.5/1.6 MJD will take some more time to arrive.