1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat may launch 1.5MJD in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by esskay, Aug 2, 2014.

1. esskay

esskay Timido

chennai
    Fiat to launch 1.5 mjd engine, according to Autocar scoop news in Bloomberg TV
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If they do this, it would make a lot of sense why 1.6 was not offered earlier. :)
    I for one would not like to see too much compromise on FE for want of loads of power, the balance better be towards FE. After a specific period of time or running, diesels require more attention and money and that is a known fact. The rail versions are tougher to diagnose at times and even more tougher and expensive to fix requiring more time and attention in many if not all cases.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even Autocar reported same, sometime back.
    It is high time, Fiat should do it. In Avventura and Linea, 1.5MJD (tuned version of 1.6MJD) is must.
    1 person likes this.
  4. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Wonder what will be PS and torque. Should be very near to what 1.6 is offering.
  5. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    What if they were already testing it in avventura?....that would be a wow factor...
    And they shouldn't supply it to any other brand if they want to succeed...
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Haha, good thought, but they will share diesel tech with Tata at minimum.
  7. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Would be a big surprise to all critics and fans, maybe a boost to the current fiat sales
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I rem reading here that fiat India plant just assembles the engine than doing manufacturing per say. So I wonder if the plant would start manufacturing a 1.5l engine which AFAIK not present internationally due to no RnD done here. Correct me if am wrong.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I watched that episode of Autocar. From what I recollect the MJD in 1.5 guise will first arrive with the Jeeps and only later will it percolate down to other Fiat vehicles. So, when are the Jeeps coming? :hit
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Ho-hum! Let me know when I get to see a 10-12 lac Fiat car (preferably C-SUV) powered by 1.5MJD at Pandit Auto. I'd rather sleep now than bother about this thread !!