1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat may fail again if there is no timely correction

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Pheonix, May 18, 2014.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    First thing first fiat is planning to launch the new Punto so it will surely last another 5 good years and secondly even if Punto is discontinued the service and part availability issue will arise aftwr 7-8 years which is kinda acceptable with any manufacturer and vehicle.

E.g. accent, getz, 800, zen, esteem, fabia, old octavia, even old verna, baleno, ikon, optra etc are all sailing on the same boat so why only Fiat
    2 people like this.
  2. Pheonix

Pheonix Timido

Chennai

Have not made a market survey on other vehicles so not competent to comment on other vehicles. but as per my knowledge and experience japanese cars outdated model parts are still available (Ex. I had lancer discontinued in 2009 every part and technician is available), as I said earlier not interested in comparision.
    My point is
    1. As per regulations prevailing in india manufacturers should provide maintenance and parts for vehicles 5 yrs from stoppage of production.
    2. My car is just three yrs old and under warranty for another year , it is the company's obligation to get the things right.

I have no idea whether you work for fiat or related to Fiat india/Fiat group top brass since you are able to dictate Fiat what they should do in future.
    But i did not understand how did you arrive at 7-8 yr number "part availability issue will arise aftwr 7-8 years which is kinda " ??

:)-)