1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat may fail again if there is no timely correction

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Pheonix, May 18, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ok Bala, my love and passion is towards engineering and built quality and design, more towards certain subtle aspects that are unique to Fiat cars and much more pronouced and cool in Punto and Linea. I personally never like into getting a blind discussion ridiculing one product to prove how my car or brand is better and other brands and cars are inferior. Unless it is for poking some fun in a fun-filled discussion, but certainly no offense meant.

So blind brand loyalty towards Fiat is out of question. Having said that how much do you think your or my individual opinion influences mass appeal or product sales. That sir is a misplaced belief if you think one man can make a difference (without ofcourse dedicating his life to a cause).

People will be jealous and ridicule if you buy a BMW too "saying you are spending in excess" on a vehicle when luxury cars are available at 1/2 the price. A top industrialist was ridiculed of having paid an electric bill of 70L (with discount) for his new house or so the story goes. So that doesnt stop one making irrational decisions or behaving in such manner. Why do you care what people think. Is your decision so irrational, certainly not.

If you lost faith in brand or product dont even tell, just get rid of it and get some free peace of mind instead. Also people who you say think you bought a second hand Linea for 1lakh rupees are morons, do you care what morons think?
    4 people like this.
  2. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    A few simple things rather than a well drafted strong opinion.

- Lets have the complete story from the thread owner and try to help him in fixing the situation. Most posts till now (probably including mine) seem to offer little or no value to a random reader.
    - If anyone has lost faith in Fiat, the financial loss in getting rid of the vehicle would be much easier to accommodate in life compared to the mental agony of owning the vehicle for every passing day of ownership.

Regards

Amit
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Simpleson,I understand that we will have to live in denial mode having spent several lakhs of our hard earned money.
    Also,we console ourselves saying that it happens with Skoda,happens with Tata etc,but they will all survive while Fiat may not.
  4. Pheonix

Pheonix Timido

Chennai
    Imagine this with your punto 3 yrs down the lane when fiat moved to another model discontinuing punto.

Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk
  5. Pheonix

Pheonix Timido

Chennai
    Yesterday i called fiat and registered a complaint. Today got call from fiat person cordinating my complaint. Planning to take my car to rdc on monday

Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Atleast from their current plans looks like Fiat is here to stay. Demographically thinking I am not sure Villupuram is on their priority and it certainly looks like that from your individual case. :(
    I think we have discussed pretty much all aspects of what could or should be done by Fiat. Making spares available should be top priority. Also, do you think the new gen. of youth are more inclined to be greasemonkey mechanics. So many these days wants shortcuts and quick money. Getting real experience on shop floor and being a mechanic of real substance I am afraid will be things of past. The whole idea of keeping technical troubleshooting is being limited to SCs who too have to invest a lot for infrastructures and special tools including expensive scanners. Besides it does not end there, sometimes there are upgrades to these tools and scanners and they too are charged. So unless a particular SC has enough customers I am not sure how the management of that SC can hire top trained and experienced staff.

On a related note do watch wheeler-dealers on youtube. Expensive cars of not too old gen are available at peanuts, why is that happening. Is this planned obsolescence by companies who want customers to throw old stuff as soon as possible and buy new things again. Is making cars expensive to maintain post 5-6 years a part of the whole thing?
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I was like :lol reading the Villupuram thing.No offense Bala:-?.When I looked at Sergio's five year plans ,my initial thought was even INDIA was not on their priority(No real FIAT car). May be, I spoiled myself looking at FIAT Brazil site now and then where I see some twenty vehicles from FIAT stable alone !
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I will be surprised if they bring in new engine, gearbox etc. that itself can cause enough chaos. The Skoda Fabia got sold at huge discounts in the end and was then stopped by company. Grande Punto will stay, but if you want to maintain the car in the long run, best to be on good terms and make some friends with suppliers or at SCs.
  9. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Wow , Thread started with AC issues and went to Fiat improvements :)

Fiat really messed up things , they had stage set - They had best hatch one could offer in indian market . Collaborating with Tata Backfired , They should have thought through this - The move they took few years down the line by opening its own network should have done earlier.
    Even if they had started with fewer service station , they would have achieved good sales if they were on their own ( instead of tata collaboration )

Is it high time ?
    -- Yes it is , work at ground level , get customer feedback - integrate those , build a strong brand image I know its tough but they must do it to survive in Indian Market

Are they Trying ? is it enough , ?
    -- Yes they are trying but its not enough they need to do it fast and quick - be aggressive .
    One good move which i noticed in this slow auto market from Maruti is they started to look at rural areas , look how quickly maruti expanded its dealership in rural market in last 1-2 years ..

If they don't do this - they will further reduce only to car maker for "car enthisiast".
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Service service service. That is the most interesting part of your ownership.

I now own a Linea and had a Punto before that. I am more kinda Nomad personality who has travelled and lived in different cities. My Punto was bought in October 2009 and was with me till October 2013, a good four years and the service history of Punto was kinda catchy for almost all Service centers.

The car was serviced or handled for running repairs at
    1. Malik Cars, Hyderabad (Now a Tata SC)
    2. Concorde Motors, Hyderabad
    3. Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad
    4. AS Motors, Gwalior
    5. Him Motors, Delhi
    6. Pandit Auto, Pune

6 dealers and they were switched never because of poor service but because of my relocation or convenience.

FIAT is one company which actually are pushing dealers for Customer Satisfaction at each dealer location.

We have to agree on one thing that Palio is indeed a generation old car. Have you ever checked with any of the old maruti zen owners or the hyundai getz owners about the parts availability. They are ina more tough situationas maruti and hyundai dealers do not have time to pay so much attention to such customers and focusing on newer models. FIAT isone company where you get to talk to the Head of service center for issues with a 10 years old vehicle and he indeed listens to you.

Keep calm and we all are here to help each other and let us focus on the issues with the vehicle and get them sorted with additional help of ppl out here. Bashing can be done once you have your Palio running fine and you plan to buy a Punto.
    1 person likes this.