1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat may fail again if there is no timely correction

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Pheonix, May 18, 2014.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Amit your response it pretty biased. Phoenix posted in this forum with his issue to highlight his challenges and your response is not to bash him. Everyone has got right to their opinion. You not being in Chennai do not qualify for commenting either on the quality of the shops here. One thing i agree is that most of the technicians are taken from erstwhile TATA dealers and do not possess enough knowledge about FIAT service. I have seen people struggling to my radiator fan - because they do not know that they have to un screw a specific bolt before pulling it out. Finally, i personally agree with Phoenix on Mr. Chandrasekar. A great general with pathetic troops in the war front! Request you to try to help not to blindly support FIAT. Criticize when they are at fault!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Could not agree more with Ramjn. As a Palio owner, i can vouch for this. My palio experience pushed me towards Punto inspite of a lot of people dissuading me.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I somehow could not agree to this point at all. Any General if he is great would not build a troop which is pathetic.

BTW, how are you srini? It's been very long since you are seen. :)
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Not may fail, it has failed in it's 3rd attempt too, for which it has only itself to blame.
  4. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Pheonix - Nice to know the good intentions! Expected the thread title to be something like 'AC trouble - RDC Motors, Chennai'. Otherwise an unsuspecting individual will assume Fiat technicians across India are incompetent in their work. People will comfortably ignore the fact that there is trouble with your AC related work in one particular FASS. Surprisingly, help from Fiat India to you & the dealer is not seen anywhere. Did the dealer initiate a request for assistance from Fiat India, else they would not know about this issue at all? From your side, you may initiate contact with Fiat on their service email.

Jumu - Fiat has an OTC spares policy in force, dealer is the culprit if there is denial! There are 4 Palio owners that I personally know & FASS in Pune (Pandit Auto) offers spares OTC. There is already a twin approach in place as per my observation. Kava auto & 99 rpm are alternative sources for spares. I have heard that there are regional sources for Fiat spares too.

Regards

Amit
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is very easy to put the blame on the dealers. Even if so, what will a customer do when the dealer denies the spare OTC? Take it to Fiat, make a complaint, fight and visit the dealer again and get the spares? What will be the image/reputation of Fiat if these continue?

I personally faced this spares issue when I went to Ramkay Fiat, Chennai. They vehemently refused to provide me the spare OTC. I had to talk to their GM and finally they obliged. But, will I be encouraged to go to them again for the spares? Certainly not. Even if the issue is with the dealer, it is Fiat's responsibility to fix this. Period.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Amitp,
    Fiat technicians are incompetent across TN and Pondicherry.
    In my case they did not even know which one is fuel lid opening lever and which one is boot lid opening lever and broke the same.
    They did not even know that clutch needs a change after driving my car when it was there for service and as a result my car broke down.
    It is needless to shed crocodile tears for FIAT just because we own one and are a fan.
    WHAT WE ARE OWNING AND DRIVING IS A WHITE ELEPHANT.
    1 person likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ramjn, what is even more pathetic is that Fiat could simply appoint regional authorised distributors or resellers for spares. They are just too cautious about spare parts channel or callous about customer needs and this is really getting annoying. I am sure people can get their cars fixed for the most part, if only these jokers provide the spares for quick purchase.

What is their problem with spare parts distribution is a big mystery to me. Bala are you reading this. :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

It is a baby elephant with no Vet. and medicine. Certainly not a white elephant.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When I conversed with the GM of Ramkay Fiat, he hinted that they stopped giving the spares OTC because customers get the service done from outside garages and that they lose business. I replied him clearly that dealers have to get the confidence of the customers and not force them to service with them. He kind of agreed with me but seemed helpless because he was instructed to do so.

From the overall conversation I had, I got the feel that they were somehow influenced by the other dealer to stop selling the spares OTC.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am fully aware of this. I faced this with Torrid Fiat also. Outside mechanics can do the job for peanuts depending on time involved. And that these SCs or dealers are well aware of. Besides, many a times the problems are so minor, but all SCs irrespective of brand (be it Maruti or Skoda or others) will try to sell more spares and add to labour cost to improve turnover and profit. The SCs or dealers simply cannot survive in this game otherwise. All this comes down to Fiat not having massive sales and lots of service support infrastructure. So they have the will but looks like their past is also going against them.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hmm, I read that simpleson and I only felt that your love and passion is misplaced and Fiat is an undeserving candidate.
    What most fans here do not realise is that they would be the last owner of the car and when you try to sell it you will be lucky if you get a Nano's price.
    Already when ever I get down from my car people around look down on me as if I bought it second hand for 1 lakh rupees.