1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Suzuki pulling out of US is not a surprising news to anyone. India is the only country in the world where Suzuki manages to sell any car's. Sure they fare slightly better in Europe compared to US but nowhere in the league of VW or even Fiat there. In fact, even Japanese have their mouth's open in amazement when they see the huge number of Suzuki's running around on our roads!

To put things into perspective, Suzuki in US = Fiat in India :).
    2 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Now that is an understatement. I have not spent even a single day in Indian roads without spotting a FIAT, but have spent weeks together without spotting one Suzuki in the USA.

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Only similarity I see is that Suzuki don't sell well in US and Fiat don't sell well in India.

Differences are more.
    - Fiat is still working out in India.
    - Fiat make great cars. I doubt if Suzuki ever did that in US.
    - There is a huge fan base for Fiat all over the world including US. I doubt if Suzuki enjoys this.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Why do we take everything literally? That one line could have been put down to say what I wanted but I knew the over sensitive nature of people here wouldn't take it lightly, hence, the paragraph that precedes it. No need to be so defensive guys. Why do we find it so tough to laugh at Fiat? We do a pretty good job of laughing at other brands so what happens to us when it comes to Fiat?

That is exactly what the sentence is saying. The sentence also say's that like Fiat in India, Suzuki tried many products for the US market but none clicked. Now please lets not get into another argument over how Fiat's products are much better then Suzuki's.

I hope now you guys get the drift of what that sentence is trying to say. What could have been said in a couple of paragraphs was said in one sentence.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Exactly my point. I was only endorsing your statement by saying what I said. To make it even clearer, you said " Suzuki pulling out of US is not a surprising news to anyone." and went on to equate Suzuki in the US to FIAT in India. All I was trying to say is - "FIAT is actually better off in India than Suzuki in US. Suzuki is actually almost non-existent in the US and they pulling out will barely be noticed"

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Guys , 5-6 Days Ago ..I seen Tata Manza Ads , They offering Italian Leather seat cover with it......Is Fiat Providing this (Italian ) Seat cover to Tata ?? :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I also watched that ad. Immediate what came to my mind is that why they aren't advertizing that it also comes with Italian Engine and made in Italian Factory. :D
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Also, I observed that the font used in the Manza ad similar to what Fiat has been using in its advertisements.

Untitled.jpg
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    when Fiat launched linea and Punto 2012 & sport in india, They should have explored a little more options. Instead of launching just oceanic blue in both models, if they ve brought in THIS colour as in the picture below for its sport model alone with this alloys and the sport decals, i cant imagine how easily they could have sold it in indialike hot cakes, than trying hard to sell it like a limited edition model !!

abarth.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Too sad that such super sexy cars not available here. So hopefully by 2015 i guess?