1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Puntosat, what is this Scralet Red Emotion Punto; I know that Exotica RED Punto; anyone has painted it or its a Typo error. I have seen one pics of Punto with different RED ( almost same as Linea's F RED color).
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    We are standing at a point where at one side cars don't justify the powers that it had and other side the car that demand for more for its quality of handling.
    Which to choose :confused:I am getting attracted to the later case because I don't want to waste power;)

With ~350CC difference in CC it is hardly a 12 BHP difference in terms of raw power between TDI and MJD. To fill the gap we need slightly a better gear box not even a 1.6 MJD.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Is there power to waste at right hands ;)

As they say there is no replacement for displacement, I would recommend you to TD a Rapid before telling that a gear box will do wonders for Linea,the outright acceleration can't be matched by Linea at all. And the Rapid isn't a bad handler, the only negative thing I felt about Rapid is the EPS which lacked feel, but apart from that I enjoyed every moment sitting inside it.

I rest my case until you TD the Vento/Rapid and come back.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ totally agree with teky having experienced the high speed perfomance of rapid against my punto recently on highway!
    i think only tjet can leave rapid behind in outright acceleration and not the 1.3 mjds
    1 person likes this.
  5. I too agree higher displacement will easily result in more torque and power,but Linea 93Hp is capable of going up to 105 BHP with remap.
    once remap is done ,car will cry for 6th gear with taller ratio than .7 of 5th gear.
    Vento/Rapid is churning out same power as of today.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I will again confirm that I have no doubt about the outright acceleration. What I said is that Linea is not bad at all. I am not telling that it can outperform vento.
    Verna will easily outperform rapid/vento with the same logic. No end to this story. I don't have to even TD to even get convinced about that. The point is for a given price tag for an average user Linea makes more sense with its exceptionally brilliant handling. I am not bringing a drag race here but just point out that the linea in indian market is a underestimated car.People shouldn't neglect it because it has 1.3 L engine.

I will definitely test drive rapid and it won't be surprise me as it has what a 1.6 engine has. What had surprised me was the way 1.3 MJD pulled with its small engine. :D If in TD vento can match with that excitement with its larger 1.6 engine I would say vento/rapid is the car over Linea. There is a difference between a 10th standard fellow cracking a JEE and a BTech pass out cracking a JEE. That is all what I want to tell.:)
    2 people like this.
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    But the MJD has the most BHP out of a litre! Please consider that too!
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Can we put to rest on TDI vs MJD? :D
    Looks like this will never end.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I need to clarify on the pricing here.

There is no 40-50k discounts on Vento. What they give is free insurance.
    Also, Rapid's price is not at all on par with Linea. The top-end Rapid with much much less features than Linea costs 11.3 OTR in Chennai.
    1 person likes this.
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    On Aug13th i have posted about Fiat Advt in hindi movies and immediately i got the chance to see.
    Yesterday I saw " Ek tha Tiger" . When Salman visits "Istambul" there is a shot when Kat hires a taxi, Salman chases and gets in. Though it is a night shot, you can see the Yellow taxi in which Kat is sitting, a new red color Fiat logo(same as Punto /Linea) on Radiator grill. Around some 2-3 cars with Blue color Fiat logo( Same as old palio/stile). But I am not sure whether anybody other than Fiat fan can locate it. (or I myself got an illusion)
    And another interesting to see streets of Cuba/havana, where people still uses many Dodge, Chrysler and Austin cars till today and in pristine condition . We have seen all these cars in old hindi movies of Dev Anand, Shammi kapoor, Rak Kapoor and Rajesh Khanna.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    hi

Its not a illusion..what u have seen is true...every fiat fan will locate it... Turkey is famous for Fiat Cars....
    1 person likes this.