1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. saipv

saipv Amatore

Good to see this Ad from Fiat in a Malayalam News Paper (Malayala Manorama) today .... ( Its Chingam 1st today - start of Onam festival season ). Interestingly, they have specifically mentioned MultiJet Diesel .... :)

ad.jpg

ad.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    6 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    For FIAT the punto seems to do a decent without much effort. Its the linea which is actually struggling not because of the car, but because of the segment it is in. Though loaded with features, it has landed itself in the Verna, Vento price category., In this segment and this price point people expect 1.5-1.6 diesel. Its takes a lot of effort to move the Lineas from the showroom.

By the way if somebody in Bangalore with a tight budget want a diesel sedan please write to me or pm me. There are a couple of 2011 make cars with one of the dealer, and the price seems very tempting for the top end variants. Which is a good 170,000 less than the current top end diesel. I definitely can help in probably getting a lil more on it.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    !.6 Linea will definitely a rocket. But 1.3 is not bad. I had some experience with 1.3 MJD while driving from goa to chennai. From stand still Linea MJD had vanished in to horizon where I was in my alto. It is a hot car even with a 1.3 MJD. It is a total ignorance that people are hesitant to buy it thinking it is underpowered car. Earlier I used to explain all features whenever people come and ask me about opinion. Now I stopped it. I now days tell only one thing that "If you love yourself and your family and want them to give as much as safety that you could, then think about Fiat. Some time it is irritating when people invent and explain features in other cars that is there in Fiat from stone ages.
    4 people like this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cant agree more on this! Very well said! Ignorance is bliss amongst our Indian car buying community! When will we come out of herd mentality ?? :confused
  5. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Herd mentality is in the Genes (Refer History of the country and its people) a few like us seem to have better genes ;) anyhow, its to do with play safe attitude/culture which does not support risk taking. Funny though the counter statement is - Insurance is at the best a ignorant subject, and less spoken of the population the better [ ;) I wonder why dont they apply play safe in this regard!!]

I hope most of the readers do not understand my lines wrong.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Hyderabad too i found a Linea Emotion 2011 November make at decent price ...if any one is interested Contact Mr. Sarfaraz +919550049969
    He is sales rep at Concorde Motors.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    C'mon Sun you're comparing a puny Alto to a Linea isn't fair. If you want to compare do that with the C-Class vehicles, whilst it's agreed that Linea is benchmark in handling, ride quality, steering feedback I really think it's just adequately powered for enthusiasts. It accelerates very fast for it's kerb weight and engine spec, but you've to drive the VW/Skoda 1.6 cousins who retail at almost same price. The amount of push they offer can't be matched by Linea definitely, so In my books Linea definitely needs a bigger heart.
    2 people like this.
  8. I think FIAT should increase the power to 105 BHP 240 Nm of torque on Linea that will attract people who go by power and torque.
    FIAT needs to improve buying and service experience.One of my friend showed interest in Linea but walked into Honda due to poor response from sales folks.
    I even brought it to the notice of FIAT but no response.
    -Sat
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @teky - Vento TDI is retailed at 12.5L OTR in Chennai where as Linea MJD is available for little over 10L.

I had an experience with a K10 near Pondy last week. That K10 guy drove really insane. That car is really a pocket rocket. I couldn't catch up with the K10 even after redlining my car in 2nd gear. I could do it only after slotting into third. For driving inside city, K10 is really a rocket.

The point I am trying to make is, we should not compare Linea with other cars with the drag race alone. Linea may fail in drag but, it will rule the highway. Even the VW/Skoda 1.6 TDI will fail here.
    3 people like this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    :eek:fftopic
    I heard there is about 40-50K discounts on Vento and Rapid is already on par with Linea Emotion and hence I believe the comparison is still valid. I'm not demeaning the Linea by any chance, but it's not sufficiently powered is my view. In a hands of good driver the Linea can be made to bow!

Different school of thoughts, but with that outright acceleration you'll always be playing catch up with other cars but not surge ahead or vanish. Tastes differ but I want something which can point and shoot, also can run around the corners like on rails. An 1.6 MJD or 2.0 MJD is perfect match for the Linea's chassis, however it's not going to set the market on fire, because 90% of market don't know what's under the hood. All is needed is complete revamp of the Sales & Service network before even introducing new models. Oh and an improved QC from the factory will be more than welcome as well.