1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    Not every car company has such outlets; only the company that has rich history of automotive industry. I am sure you would not like to wearing t-shirt of Hyundai or Maruti (if you wear people think you are working there :)) but of Ferrari, BMW, Merc, etc. This something same with FIAT.

I am a big fan of ferrari and I have many ferrari Merchandise. Those merchandise is not just a product with Ferrari logo, it tells you in someway or the other about Ferrari, its history and racing passion...this is same thing i found with FIAT
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Think about Maruti, Hyundai perfume :lol (If they suddenly think they are at par with Ferrari, Harley etc.) cant control my laughter :lol
    2 people like this.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rage:rage
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Saw this big hoarding while I drove to office today, It was near Municipal Corporation, Pune.
    I don't recollect the exact words but it was something like this
    " Over 6 million cars worldwide run on Fiat's multijet diesel technology, then Why not you"
    Presenting Fiat Linea" ( and Linea's big poster in OB colour)

:) I don't remember whether it was 6 or 60 or 600...
    but yes, it was a good one!
  5. Will that also come with the famous Maruti waiting period of 6 months???:confused :evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I joined a new company and pretty much all the people who joined with me are in the market to buy a new diesel hatch. For most of them, it would be their first car. I will share some of the comments that I received about my Punto to give you a perspective on market perception. Do note that the bunch of guys are from all over India, some North and some South.

1. Fiat? That's a flop company, right? They were taken over by Tata.
    2. How much mileage does it give in diesel? I said 15 in city and about 22 on Highway. "That's very bad for a diesel. Beat gives 22 in City".
    3. I said "It's the most powerful diesel hatch in India at 90 HP". They asked, "Why do you need power in daily city driving. we are not professional car drivers".
    4. OMG, do you go to Tata for service?
    5. Resale is very bad. I don't want to buy something that will be a loss from day 1.
    6. (repeat) It is a total flop company. They used to make Premier padmini and now they don't sell any cars.

We can argue about most of these, but that's all there is to it. an argument. It is not rocket science to change brand perception. It's just a matter of aggressive and smart marketing.
    2 people like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Relativity I completly agree witth you. Aggressive and smart marketing is key of huge success. Take example of Mahindra.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Like maruti does in some cities FIAT should ask all its dealers to start driving schools. Let all new learners learn driving from a Linea or Punto...
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If they provide a Tjet I don't mind erasing all my driving lessons from my brain and go for fresh lessons again:D
    2 people like this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I have been thinking of a lot of such ideas and even mailed a few FIAT top brass about trying to make a change. But in all my ideas I myself had counter arguments...
    There are many variables to consider here..
    TO begin with Maruthi is having an emotional advantage amongst indians and that is Very hard to beat, if not IMPOSSIBLE.

FIAT should take accept the fact that they want india as a big market only then something can be done.
    If FIAT just as the likes of BMW /AUDI are playing in india with few numbers as their target ,it will never work for them.

1/.)My first solution is to make everyone in india aware of the fact that 90% of diesel cars on Indian roads run on a FIAT engine. They need to go all out and BOLD on this one.
    2.) Reduce the cost of the car, but maintain quality (or even increase it YOY)
    3.) Bring in a budget hatchback to compete with the altos/santros and so on.( no compromise on the FIAT brand here)
    4.) Provide road side assistance and mass market FIAT products every where. Any damn shop should stock FIAT parts (forget the branding for once and just go with the flow, even if they make a loss with keeping inventory ,it doesn't matter)

[1] is doable and FIAT really needs to do A LOT MORE. in fact i can say that their propagandas are probably 0.1% of the TV commercials now
    [2] - [4] will require a lot of planning and cost , FIAT needs to pump in that money and forget about even getting a Break-even .

PS :: As unfortunate as it might be they have no choice if they really want to survive in india because knowledgeable buyers are very very few in India.