1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    It was in Deccan Herald .B'lore edition as well !!
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is a nice new beginning!
    As the follow up, they should probably say "When you have a FIAT car with a FIAT engine, why buy another car whose engine is borrowed from FIAT"

The footer of the ad still says "sales, service and spares by TATA".
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    At least in Kerala they should advertise "Upolam varilla Uppilittathu" means "Some thing put in salt is not as good as salt it self" This is a literary translation but the meaning is that original is the best. There will be some thing similar in other regional languages also.
    3 people like this.
  4. The same has also been put up in FIAT India website and also in FIAT Caffe website!
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Uppillattathu means pickle and uppolam salt pan in Malayalam, right? That means salt is better than the salted [pickle]. Please correct me if I am wrong, sungoa2010.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Verbatim translation would be something like "pickle cannot be as salty as salt itself"
    Upppolam means "equivalent to salt"
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir, Fiat lover has done my job:)
    1 person likes this.
  8. carwatcher

carwatcher

Goa
    Arrey but isn't the Ad is for MJD engine which is a Diesel one. IMO any manufacturer would have mentioned the prices of Diesel models in this kind of Ad.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think you didn't understood my point rightly. The ad. was for Linea and Punto MJD not for selling the MJD alone. Even though other manufacturers have diesel options, never seen anyone giving the starting price of their Diesel model.

For the Duster, they say that it starts from 7.19. Many of my colleagues came to me today arguing that Duster is priced very cheap. I had a hard time today to explain and educate them.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    adding to it, many brands just to market their starting price as low as possible, have a stripped down petrol version, without power steering etc.. etios/liva is one such example