1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Re: Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promot

Hope its true Buddy :up Any other information you want to share on the Launch ?
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

Wake up Fiat its time to promote Linea T-jet. you can sleep later on.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

@Sanjeev. I personally do not like such campaigns like the one indulged by VW. Some will call it brilliant marketing, others will call it invasion of privacy. My logic is that one buys print media for the sake of print and not video/audio hulla bol. There is TV/Internet available for that. Full points for innovation though. If Fiat had employed similar technique, they would've been bashed.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Kaps
    Whether we like it or not , the point is with that innovation, that ad agency has caught the eyeballs and the eardrums of the people especially for a brand such as VW about which apart from the auto enthusiasts, no one else would be aware of.

There are many newspaper readers who would just glance thru and may miss the ads also. So VW was bang on target. Its like, even the least attempt at opening the newspaper would elicit attention of the reader at least once for sure, the minimum effort would be to experience the innovation.

The downside of such massive campaigns would be that it would lead to overbookings and long waiting periods irritating the customer( because his want has been kindled ). VW has already goofed up on the Polo with long waiting periods and even before they service the Polo customers they are taking an additional load. Apparently some of the delays are even attributed to supply constraints at tyre vendors..Supply constraints at Tier 1 and tier -2 vendors are a major issue for vehicle manufacturers lately ) . More goof ups would only help the competitors as customers would simply shift to an equivalent car. With the T-jet waiting in the wings and with a feature rich offering, FIAT should position itself for better times. eg ( my friend yearned and waited for the T-jet but shifted to the GM Cruze due to the delay)

Abdul
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai

Yup, different individuals can have different opinions on the matter. Fully agree on that.

In today's competitive market like India, the company needs to shout from the Roof Tops, and this what is being done by VW to garner the attention of the customer. And i dont find anything wrong in that. VW is doing a Fantastic Job in promoting their products, they are able to capture the nerve of the Indian customer somewhat.

::pP i am going off topic here. Apologies, Mods :)
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Exactly, today I drove 4-5Km away from home, checking various shops, until I got a copy of TOI. Unfortunately, no such ad in Chandigarh.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

What you saw today is VW money power speaking. A company that is flush with cash can afford such advertisements.

VW is clearly here to stay and make it BIG !! I won't be surprised if they buy out Maruti Suzuki in India eventually. (They already have a 15-20% stake in Suzuki.)
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

Wake up Fiat its time to promote Linea T-jet hard and aggressive. you can sleep later on.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

I think you did not read my post completely. This kind of gimmick IMHO is something like an unsolicited SMS/call from a company trying to sell you something.

Read about TJet testing on TBHP, sounds interesting with 0-100 quoted at 11.4sec.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Thats precisely what VW is set out for & on its way for in India !!

Its every action speaks of bulldozing the competition with enormous resources.

Though, I also feel that this Audio chip ad is brilliantly innovative to capture the attention (I was thinking about the cost yday - Rs. 30/50/ 100 per chip * no. of copies of TOI sold + usual advertisement cost) !!!