1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. It is. Punto 90 is the most powerful diesel hatch in the country without doubt. i20 comes close but loses out on the power to weight ratio. i20 is heavier than Punto.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  3. HMV

HMV Timido

Thrissur
    it is Powerdul and not powerful
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I very strongly disagree your observation. What made you to make this statement? You need to substantiate.

5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey ramjin, there was spelling mistake from Fiat.:)
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Got it. Apologize for the confusion :). This is the result of browsing through TFI with a busy schedule :D

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Are you sure that i20 is heavier? Hyundai never provided kerb weight of i20 in specifications?

I am driving a Hyundai getz in kerala now days and I am realizing how useful is the gear ratio of my 1.4 Punto in highway. Getz has a initial pick up but punto pulls much much cleanly at higher speeds. The highway drive comfort is way ahead in punto. Why use this comparison here is just to mention that though punto a slightly slow in initial gears it is very fast and power delivery is very clean once we gain the speed. If given a choice I always prefer punto's power delivery.So punto has power and it has the best power delivery. No doubt that it is the most powerful hatch.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Sun. i20 C R D I is heavier than even Linea MJD. It weighs 1222 kgs.

9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What about the petrol i20. Just curious to know what is the origin of the extra weight.
    Look at the following links Fiesta(D) vs I20(D) performance doubt | Buying a Car | Car Forums - CarWale
    You will see many figures for i20. One thing is sure. Hyundai purposefully want to avoid any comparison of power to weight ration of their car with others.
    If you check the body it is not solid as puntos.
    Otherwise Hyundai will not waste a chance to say bla bla about their cars:D
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    i20 Petrol weighs 1066 kgs. I suspect the higher weight of CRDI version may be because of the engine. The car definitely doesn't feel solid though.