1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Loki

Loki

They should also fire their ad agency at once! (i know lotsa people ahve already said this...)

Example: The latest 2012 Linea ad shows the car underwater (!!!) - now contrast this with the nice Skoda Rapid ad being showed currently. The Rapid ad wins hands down.

I feel that a car ad should try and highlight all the virtues of the car in those 30 seconds. The Linea is easily the best looking car under 10 lacs, is the best handling and the ride quality is simply unmatched. Now how does the average person know about these virtues if they are only shown a car being dipped in water and saying the "all new 2012 Linea " etc?

As much as the relatively poor ASS of Fiat /Tata and the small niggles, I think the main problem with Fiat is that their Marketing department (in India atleast) is not competitive.

PS: Ive seen a few recent Fiat 500 ads in the US and they've been brilliant!
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    FIAT has many Good Ads with them, Fiat-india just copy it from them and it will work wonders,
    Just copy some of the gems and keep up with the channels...
    Or just showcase the Linea and Punto on a Expressway with the sharp turns where the competitors going off the road....
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Even the Honda Brio ad is more catchy.
  4. Loki

Loki

Exactly. Almost all the other manufacturers car ads are better. :( OK. I might be a bit harsh.

The whole point of advertising/ marketing communication is to create interest for a product and strengthen the value offering. People like us who are Fiat fans will buy Fiat products regardless if the ad is pathetic or not. But its for the neutral person for whom advertising plays a major role in stroking the interest, and occupying his/her mind. I bet nobody even remembers the current "How deep will you dive" campaign for the 2012 Linea 5 seconds after the ad has passed.

Fiat should get its Marketing act together. Show better ads which tell people what Fiat cars are all about. Get people to buzz about Lineas and Puntos. And probably have a decent brand ambassador. Maybe the next superhit Hindi movie can have the hero driving a Linea TJet to office :)
  5. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
  6. A bit late on posting this. Also I did not see any discussion on this here.
    It was seen in Neo cricket in the recent cricket series?
    Definitely it was more than the length of a commercial, so to say. Also the video was quite amateurish than with any gimmicks ala animations. But it was showing the new oceanic blue Punto and its int/ext in detail. Could not hear the voice over very clearly as I was seeing it in office cafeteria, and was not audible much. The length of the spot ran into more than a couple of minutes. So I couldn't really comprehend what was going on.

Did any one see this in Neo cricket?
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Fiat SHould DO More "New Ads" and Publish on "IPL" cricket Matches , This will gives magic boost to sells !!
  8. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Guys, i dont know whether to post it here or not..Just now i saw the ad of shell in ndtv.. First they show many shots of a busy street with many ferraries.. Ferraries only..
    These ferraries are moving around the street just like normal cars.. And then they show a man pouring shell helix engine oil in to his PUNTO.. Then they say "so good that it makes your car feel like a super car".. And in this case the punto can be easily identified from the ad.. First i thought its the new ad of fiat. But now it seems like shell has captured our emotions and passions for fiat cars more than fiat itself. The ad is pretty good. Being a fiat fan, this has made my day. :D
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I have taken my alto for a Free Maruti check up camp. I was surprised by the way they organized it. The even was in a open ground and they have used carpets every where and the place were so neat. The way they organized the check up is very impressive. It looked just like the cars moves in assembly line inside the factory. Once the car finish one check up, it will move to the next check point. And the entire process was over in less than half an hour. Yesterday I had taken my Punto for free check up and it took 2 hours and 40 minutes. This shows the work culture in Maruti-Suzuki. They are very fast in finishing the service. Just imagine the kind of impression they pump to the customers. This is the one of the main reason for their success. While my car was undergoing the check up, they arranged a quick test drive of Swift for me. Also another fellow evaluated my Alto since I am planning to sell it. So everything was over in 40 minutes.

When I actually analyzed, the two events other than the time factor and the planning, there were not much difference. In both case I received discount coupons on parts and labour, refreshments were provided, and got free coupen for another car wash. Infant in TASS I got some more persona attention and they attended the exhaust leak case. Also my car got a free wash, where in Maruti the car didn't get washed.

But when one see the overall even the Maruti one was impressive because of their more organized well planned work culture. They also give me the list of some problems that need attention. So even though I actually get less benefited with Maruti the overall impression that I got was more for Maruti. This confidence that people get is reflected in their sales. When sales increase naturally spare parts availability also increase, resale value increases and it it again push the sales more. My alto is 2004 make and I purchased it for 2.7L in 2005(second hand). The price quoted in 2010, when I baught my Punto, was 1.3L. Now the price quoted was 1.1L. I don't think any other car can fetch such a low level of depreciation.

So Fiat need to bring this confidence to people. Then they will do well in their sales.
    3 people like this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    After seeing your post, I remembered the days of my MS Omni/Versa. In Bangalore too, the free Maruti Suzuki check-up camp used to be organised during weekends in St Joseph College's vast ground. There used to be five lanes of carpeted, shamiana-covered service check-up points each managed by one dealer. Free lunches were served for the entire family when the car is being checked, games organised for children, accessories/merchandise counters for customers, vendors representatives used to supervise operations, etc. The entire area wore a festive atmosphere!
    Since it is organised on a play ground, they used to give a free-wash coupon. Later, I used to visit MASS and get the car washed on some other day.

Ultimately, everything boils down to the numbers. Maruti Suzuki could do it as they are the market leader.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    2 people like this.