1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

This happened last week, End of July I believe. As I said earlier since I've been regular to that showroom it happened, So it's on your bargaining skills mate.
  2. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

I got this on Motor Beam:-

"Tata-Fiat Partnersip Needs A Revision

June 14, 2011

tata fiat dealership fiat

Fiat fans might be wondering what the Italian company is upto, with no action off late. Well they are upto nothing and that is something which certainly doesn’t please the head honchos of Tata Motors. Tata Group Chief, Mr. Ratan Tata has admitted that the JV hasn’t worked as they had thought and needs critical examination. He further said that Fiat need to get more models to India, which would keep dealers interested. Talking about dealers, we have an interesting story to share.

When the Fiat Grande Punto was launched way back in mid-2009, we went to a Tata-Fiat dealer to inquire about the car. The talk between the salesman and us went something like this : -

MB - We want to checkout the new Fiat Grande Punto.
    Salesman - Kindly have a seat, I will just check and get back to you.
    MB – Thank you.
    10 minutes later.
    Salesman - Sir, the car is undergoing washing. Why don’t you checkout the new Tata Indica Vista?
    MB - No, we are looking at the Grande Punto.
    Salesman - Sir, what is so special about the Grande Punto. It uses Tata’s Quadrajet engine.
    MB - No, its the other way round, its Fiat’s engine.
    Salesman - Sir, you need to see the new Vista. More space than Punto and is more value as well. It is cheaper than Punto. Plus Fiat’s future in India is uncertain.
    MB – How much time will the car take in washing?
    Salesman - Around 20 mins, but why don’t you take the test drive of the Indica Vista till then?
    MB – Thanks, will get back to you later.

Now as you can see, potential Fiat customers are converted into Tata customers. This is all courtesy of the 50:50 joint venture agreement signed four years ago. The agreement enables Tata Motors to distribute, service and sell Fiat cars. What does Fiat really do then?" :mad:
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

^^ this is no more the case. in most of the dealerships, fiat has a different bay and the fiat salesman are different than the ones in tata motors bay. fiat salesman will never say buy a tata as he gets more incentives to sell a fiat than a tata.

a person who is walking in for tata in his mind will always buy a vista or indica and a person who knows what fiat is will never look at tata bay.

the main culprit here is Fiat themselves as they has shit people in their marketing team who hatch eggs in their chairs and dont want to put in nice advertisements and educate buyers what Fiat it.

99% of indians dont know fiat owns ferrari. 99% dont know that fiat 1.3 MJD powers all diesel hatches.
    and how would they know. they just watch all news and DD channels and they never see a Fiat Ad.
  4. niranjan_81

I agree with Italia-Linea. The things have changed now. They have different sales team altogether to see Fiat and Tata cars in the showrooms.Fiat sales people do not talk about Tata Cars and vice versa. I had a very good experience recently in the showroom from where I purchased my Fiat Punto.
  5. On FIAT new campaign (diesel at the price of petrol) - I don't buy it. It’s a contest may be 1 in n might get! Moreover, I felt the ads on this are horrible

On FIAT adv rate from my point:

New campaign --
    Linea ads ++++++
    Punto +

FIAT definitely needs to have their own sales/service centre. Those the investment is big, I believe it will only prove good for FIAT in both sales and customer satisfaction.

@Italia-Linea - Good points.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  6. arian

arian Amatore

The hearts of over 2 million cars in India pump a common note

7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Guys, My dads brother is planning to book 1.4 Emotion. So far the offer we have got is - 10K corp discount, 5 K exchange bonus, free insurance, 23K worth fuel vouchers and 7 K cash discount.
    Is there any way to get more from the dealer? He is taking the car from Chennai. I have a Punto and a Vista in my name which I have brought from Kerala. Is there any way I can get him some referral discount or anything similar?
  8. niranjan_81

Hi anoop,
    The scheme here in pune is
    1. Insurance at Rs. 1
    2. Rs. 10 K gift cheque
    3. Min. Rs. 6500 fuel voucher.
    4. Corporate discount. Ranges from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 9000 depending on the company you work for.
    5. Exchange bonus is minimum Rs. 15K for non fiat cars and Rs. 20K for fiat cars. This is given by fiat and not by dealer.
    Rest all the freebies on you bargaining skills. :)
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Which dealer are you talking to?
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@niranjan_81 thanks, this will surely help us to bargain better.

@teky: We are talking to Concord motors.