1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i wonder if fiat has production constraints considering JV.
    as if priority should be given to tata products first or something like that.
    same as what use to happen with nano sometimes ago.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Does anybody knows when they Italian Giant will wake up.....................
  3. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

FIAT Shying away frm Competition??

Hi Guys!

Anyone saw yesterday's CNB show on NDTV? It had a full TD report and comparo of the new verna...In the comparo section,Verna was pitted against city,vento,sx4 and even low wnd altis,but no linea! :(

The host, sid patankar said that 'sales figures' of linea arent the same as others & hence no comparison with others..Later, i tweeted him abt the same and he explained that he had asked fiat for a t-jet but they declined to provide the car..

What does this signify???
    1.FIAT guys r so confident abt word of mouth only that they do no believe in other ways to project their models?
    2.or r they so overconfident abt features and looks of linea that they think competitors redundant??...

C'mon FIAT, u hv a gr8 product in ur hand, dont spoil it by underexposure..Take a cue frm TATA...they spend Heavily on ads of even average cars and manage with decent sales figures..
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Who knows whether this sid patankar is telling the truth or just bluffing that FIAT declined to provide a car.

And what sort of a twisted logic is this - that low sales figures dont justify comparison. These guys need a whack under their ears.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    T-jet is definitely one of the BEST cars in 8-12 lac segment. Most in India still have the same mentality that FIAT is not a good brand for cars. I have personally "forced" three of my dad's friend, to test drive LINEA, who were about to buy a new car. And finally all three of them were much impressed with LINEA, and bought them. :)

Once FIAT has a strong BRAND name here in INDIA, i hope all its cars would be taken into comparo with others. Till then, it'll stay out of the competition.

So i personally think that the comparo was done just for the cars that sell in big numbers and the brand that people prefer the most! :(

Hoperfully cars like FREEMONT 2.0 MJD and BRAVO make their way to INDIA very soon, so that it might create a STRONG brand name for FIAT!
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    @gurjinder: YES!!! well said!!!
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i happen to see that show just minutes ago from now....we never know the gestures shown by fiat india.....one thing am pretty sure about is they wanted to have linea t-jet in the comparo but they didn't manage to get the car.though they had the facts and figures on the table along with the specs of other cars....but the car was missing ........terrible gesture shown by fiat.....

t-jet can rip apart all the other soap boxes if at all some one does honest comparo...............
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Why couldn't they say that Fiat declined to provide the car for the comparo in the show itself? Why talk about low sales in the show and say something else on twitter?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

even i felt that they really wanted to have tjet in the show from the way sid patankar spoke about it in the end. it was evident from his words that he has a fair amount of respect for tjet.
    ..going a little off topic i find this guy more knowledgable and impartial when compared to some of the other indian auto show hosts on tv... what say guys..
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads merged.
    Please keep similar discussions on existing threads.