1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promot

Linea ads are classy and I personally quite liked. But Punto's ads are pathetic.
    Normally Tata's gives nice ads for its own vehicles. Almost all are catchy. But with Punto, somehow they fail to impress me.
  2. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

The following was the Add in the Mail received from Fiat India to me.

[attachment=0:18i1p430]Punto Add.JPG[/attachment:18i1p430]

Punto Add.JPG
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

This is the advertisement on Fiat Punto 90 HP appeared in today's Deccan Herald. Punto's brand ambassador Yuvraj Singh is missing in this ad. Is it going to be the rule or exception from now onwards?
    [attachment=0:1c0col9r]Punto.jpg[/attachment:1c0col9r]

Punto.jpg
  4. Re: Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promot

I read it recently few days back that Fiat has not renewed (or is not going to) their contract with Yuvi for Punto.
    Some one can double confirm this report?
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai

As far as the Rumour i have heard, FIAT has not renewed the Contract with Yuvraj Singh.

IMO, it was not doing any good to them as far as the Sales are concerned, and Marketing also lacked the innovative ideas taking Yuvraj Singh in the commercials which were being aired / printed earlier. He was only standing besides the car in the print ads and driving aimlessly in TV ads. I feel its better they have done away with him, and should pay more attention focussing the USP of the Car, namely Design, Ride & Handling, FE & Blue N Me.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Actually, frankly speaking Fiat's choice of Icon was very good. In ad world, the brand ambassador must convey or must portray the character of the product he/she is endorsing. Punto is known for its Looks, and Fiat has to ask people to take a bold step & take risk (remember tagline of the ad ? - kabhi dil ki suno). And who else than Yuvraj displaying the characteristics of Looks, Bold with risk-taking approach. However, Fiat's all attempts on roping in Brand Ambassadors has failed to generate sales for the obvious reasons that we all know & discussed. Remember Fiat hired the great Sachin Tendulkar for Palio? Even he could not resurrect/ convert into good sales that time.

Does this mean Fiat, at this time, needs something more than a Brand Ambassador? I do not know. May be a more direct approach shouting from rooftop - all the features & all that its giving which others are not giving. May be. But still not sure if it would have helped.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Perhaps, to cut the mounting losses, Fiat India must have resorted to this cost-cutting measure.
  8. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune

The current SriLanka-India series has Linea as man of the series award. FIAT is one of the sponsors.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hrithik Roshan was the answer if it was looks

Yuvraj is fat, has a double cheek, is not muscular and looks like he has not taken a shower in years !!
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

good to see Fiat on Linea promotion trail. Mr. Rajeev Kapoor handing over the keys of Linea to Sehwag as the for Player of The Series.