1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    2016 There will not Be Big Launches But 2017 is what FIAT Actually Looking for.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Its actually heartening to see this discussion when at ground zero, I get a different picture. My colleague looking for Linea Elegante (diesel), finally bought CIAZ (petrol), since he learnt from local dealer that Elegante is discontinued. I read similar comment in another thread here saying that that was a limited edition model and therefore isn't available any more. What is more disturbing (to me at least!) is that he got an input that FIAT has now stopped Linea and are presently clearing all old stock. :wtf:

I am sharing this here such that members who have better access to authentic information can get the same on this issue and share here.
  3. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Really shocking to hear this. Hope this is not true. Only 100 odd Lineas were selling for some months. Was this an expected decision is the question.
    And whether Fiat will be worried and bring in a quick replacement is the next question.
    Fiat won't be worried, IMO, till the honeymoon with wives(MSIL/Tata for mjd) continues.
    After that (2018?), Fiat shall be serious about bringing in new vehicle lineup for their faithful Girlfriends ( us enthusiasts).
    Ravi_M likes this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

I am not surprised that Fiat has stopped Linea production. That sub brand is being phased out anyway, and the numbers havent been encouraging enough for a long long time. Am actually surprised they pulled through 2015 . If only they advertised the Abarth twins better- as in explaining full-page feature advertisements etc.
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    This was about to happen sooner or later and I also heard same news and they discouraged my friend to buy one here.
    He was so sad and was ready to take T-jet which was vfm and more powerful compared to the competition.
    FCA might slowly close the mass market products and move on to luxury side and definitely going to hit us hard so 99rpm and FNG here we come to make you rich:D.
    If they are going to continue the same level of service to the premium vehicles then they can say goodbye to auto business here for lifetime.
    FCA once more proved how unreliable they are as an auto company:banghead:
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  6. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    I don't think a company would close down India business. They are participating in AutoExpo, they recently opened 100s of brand new dealerships. They might replace Linea with Tipo/Aegea or Viaggio. But punto, abarth cars will continue as there is no global replacement for these cars yet.
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^^ pufff i am really sweating after seeing thier Auto expo show.
    Poor management don't know what they are smoking relaunching the Old Punto as Pure Lol!!! and might be Fiat goes in to the record books for this kind of stunt :banghead:.
    One side Linea is gooing to stop(not yet officially confirmed) and other side want to sale remaining old Punto so are they going to close the mass market bussiness?
    Looking at the moves Fiat is pulling, there is no surprise where they are in terms of market position.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @vista7155 It is an atrocity looking at the interiors of the old Punto. They could have borrowed the interiors from the Ambassador if they had wanted to.

I really feel that they might be shutting down Fiat in India. It looks like a stock clearing exercise and they will leave the country after whatever is possible is cleared.
    vista7155, rusticnomad and dadasaheb like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I see a brighter side to this with the Pure positioned below the Evo Punto which means Punto is now being made more affordable to the customer who is getting a good build car with good driving dynamics but at an affordable price. I hope this make people visit the Fiat showroom at least.

I guess Linea will continue to remain in the Fiat stable unless they come up with an alternative such as Tipo or Aeyega.
  10. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Tipo etc is a distant dream. FCA is still working with 1970's mentality and given their recent track record, it ain't changing anytime soon. They can plan launching a KWID competitor in Brazil but not in India. Perplexing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2016 ---
    BTW, y'day saw a half page ad in Dainik Bhaskar for Punto evo on 7xxx EMI from local dealer. Not sure if he is also trying to clear his stock at Indore and Bhopal. He apparently has vacated the showroom where he was incurring 5 lacs loss per month and moved to some less expensive place or probably selling out of TATA's campus.

Few months back when I was at workshop for my T-Jet, I had seen a Avventura (that Orange color whatever it is called) bumper going through touch up work. So asked one of the technicians that this looks like ready for delivery car with ribbons etc so why this bumper work. He said that car was being brought from their Bhopal showroom and it had some rub off some where along the way so paint came off. Then I said Bhopal is 200 km drive so how come client is going to accept 200+ on ODO? Reply that I got was shocking. He said they disconnect something so that distance isn't logged. So much so for that "H" that we check on ODO during on PDI that we all trust, and all this means is that dealer had no ready for delivery car in Indore stockyard.

So, perhaps he could be trying to clear his PUNTO stocks now. And, I feel bad for that Avventura customer who thought he has been delivered a "peti pack" car.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016