1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Linea 1.4
    I know that is not a great move to sell the old version punto. Instead of doing a launch, they must have just given discounts and dealers must have pushed the old stock in the background.

They must bring in new models. PERIOD. Indian junta will be ready to forget the bad image or whatever about Fiat, if they keep introducing new Cars. The issue is, all the cars they have are based on grande punto - Punto Evo, Linea, Classic, Avventura, Abarth Punto, Abarth Avventura, Pure everything is punto platform. Other manufacturers are offering lot more choices. You need to have a wide portfolio. With Fiat going solo on the dealerships is a late but good step. Now, they have sales and service in their control, they can bring in new cars. India craves for SUVs, why don't they get Freemont, 500X? Baleno and elite i20 are selling like hot cakes, throw Bravo into the mix. It is much bigger than these 2 cars. Bravo is 4+ meter car, Price it competitively and no one can beat that price. Things will turn around.
    Dr Nitin Dutta and Vikrant Joshi like this.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Will it be like Palio Stile Dhamaka Offer again ? Last set of Palio's were sold for huge discounts.
    It will be good to grab these at discounts, but bad for the company image and resale value of other puntos
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Fiat is just being lazy and incompetent and are not trying anything new - for all your arguments I think you get the point. Also no one in the planet would buy decade old cars sold with a different name - not just India.

p.s. I hope in the least they will have the rear view camera and the decent music system otherwise they should forget selling the car.
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    @gpunto75 --

In fact, around 2 months back I had sent a longish mail to mangesh.kodalkar and suggested that they establish 50 showroom cum service centers in tier 2 cities on COCO model over two year period investing in real-estate, building etc and then once that turns profitable, lease it out to dealers and move on to new city.

I had mentioned that if this doesn't work then they can go the Nokia way as they have nothing to lose since they can recover more than they invested by selling off the property in three to four year timeline -- much like Nokia way. Surprisingly, I got a reply with cc marked to many guys within FCA.

50 locations - tier 2 cities @ $2 million per city and plan spread over 2 years. A multi-storey showroom cum workshop can be done on 1 acre plot size. This would eliminate the negativity that creeps in when any dealer drops out under current model. Somehow, with thin dealer network, TV ads are useless. They should be focusing more on per location localized ads and manage the auto magazines more than anything else.
    prabhjot and gpunto75 like this.
  5. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    what I meant here by fiat going the Nokia way was that fiat will become extinct like Nokia if they don't update themselves regularly and cater what market demands time to time.
    manjunathkl likes this.
  6. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pure is not a bad move if they make twin airbags standard & give touchscreen (on emotion, 90HP) on evo and pure gets new interiors. They can also add gimmicks like reverse camera etc which we Indians love.
    Also a pure 3 door abarth. I know that is wishful thinking :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 29, 2016 ---
    On an even more wishful mode, what if it is the Bravo that fiat teased, it looks a bit similar to grande punto from front.

--- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2016 ---
    On an even more wishful mode, what if it is the Bravo that fiat teased, it fiat-bravo-20-multijet-da-165-cavalli.jpg looks a bit similar to grande punto from front.
    dadasaheb and Ravi_M like this.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Bravo is a looker indeed!
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all Today I saw twice punto abarth TV commercial. Way to go FIAT!!! Crafted for car lovers !!!
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  9. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Linea 1.4
    @amitshedha You have taken wishful thinking to a new level. Every car manufacturers have products that are slow sellers. World won't stop because of that. These guys bring in new cars and make a new impression. If they keep trying, they will make it big with one car or the other. Old Baleno was a total sales failure, but Suzuki brought Swift. Now, swift is the top performer for the company. Did suzuki kept on tweaking Baleno to make it sell. I am still surprised that they used the same name again for a new car. May be they are running out of registered names.:happy:

Maybe it is unfair to compare Fiat or any other manufacturer to Maruti. Maruti has a early started advantage. But look at Hyundai, Ford, Toyota, Honda. Everyone is making respectable sales. If I was in Fiat's marketing, I would cull slow movers and bring in new models. I would have made my target audience feel that Fiat has changed for good.
    gpunto75 and Dr Nitin Dutta like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Sales numbers and financially profitable sales numbers are 2 VERY different things.

Ford, Nissan-renault, Honda and Toyota, Chevrolet as well as VW and Skoda all have huge accumulated losses in India, and some continue to add to those losses today, even if their sales numbers seem 'respectable' in comparison to Fiat's.

And, what's more, they're mostly or entirely: unloved even by their owners.

FCA in India, mainly through the tata jv, component exports and of course engines and gearbox supplies to Maruti etc is rather profitable. And has an outsized fan base, given sales figures.

There is nothing in the least un-fresh about the Avventura, the Punto Evo, the new Linea or obviously the Abarths. The opposite in fact, esp design and engines, inside and out.

It is NOT obvious they should pour further investments into the Fiat brand in India, since only 2 MNC firms have managed to succeed in India: Suzuki and Hyundai.

If everyone bar these 2 have failed dismally, despite many and frequent new models etc, that says something about the NATURE of the market, not only about Fiat and its efforts in the past 2-3 years.

It MAY be better to, by 2018, transition away from Fiat altogether to JEEP, esp for exports (and the Ranjangaon jv built Tata-s with a lot of Fiat tech), provided Jeep by then has a mass market model available too, well below the Fortuner-or-so 2017 C-suv and/or even the Renegade in pricing.

As far as we know
    , though, they will INDEED be bringing all-new Fiats, starting in 2017: the new Punto, the new Grand Sienna and a 'New Avventura'. This last might be (??) this about to launch Brazilian model, a small cuv, say quite like the Mahindra kuv100 or the upcoming Maruti Ignis:

(please use google translate)
    amitshedha, manjunathkl and Amit Rox like this.