1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I had referred a man from Kolkata to Austin Fiat for Avventura about a month back. He initially ordered for Minimal grey and paid the whole amount as it was a bank loan. 10 days later he was told there is no chance of getting Minimal grey(!!!!!):confused::confused::jawdrop:. He then asked for Hip of Black. 10 days have passed , no news from Fiat .

When will Fiat really upgrade its Sales Service. (????):mad::mad:;)

The man is now furious .

He wants to cancel the order.
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    We have booked the Linea white and We got the VIN number and the message that the car has been dispatched in 3 days, I really doubt is it Fiat India the problem here or the dealer wanting to push his stocks?
    rusticnomad and prabhjot like this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I agree, the issue seems to be with the dealer in this case. Possibly a credit issue again between the dealer and FIAT.

A friend of mine booked a Punto 90 HP on 9 Nov, we received the VIN yesterday and the car is already in transit expected to reach here by this weekend.

@Subhendusc, this was discussed in multiple forums and here too that we should never pay the full amount before the PDI is done. Unfortunately the dealer now has total control. In case there is another dealer in your city you may want to check with them and in case your friend wants to cancel the booking and move on, he should talk clearly about how the refund would happen now.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM any idea about the month of manufacture of the Linea we are getting?
    The VIN thread seems a bit unclear about the new codes
    I'm guessing August manufactured, what say?
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Srini,

My friends Punto as per the VIN we have is Oct 2015.
    If the last three characters in your VIN is HHZ then yes, your car is from Aug 2015.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    One more query -sorry for the separate post, does the new Linea come with the new ECU Firmware that you got recently, or we have to go and update it ourselves in FASS?
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Srini,

The newer cars are already updated with the firmware.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    adisrini1103 and prabhjot like this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

This is the reason why I particularly berate Fiat for its marketing acumen.

What the heck is Fiat India trying to do here ? Have some bimbette gloss over non-existent features ? .She talks about practicality of the Punto cabin in terms of storage space, which is a big LOL AFAIK, because Fiats arent known for that at all!.
    There is no mention of the core capabilities of the cars. Why did Fiat even sign up for this stupid marketing stunt ? ET might as well have used Datsun Go !
  9. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The lady talks more about Brindavan than Avventura.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

This is NOT an ad. It is a product-placement. The show-segment with this very format centres on travel, with the car just woven in. It is made by ET, not directly by FCA's media/pr agency. As such, it IS an excellent ad: since it 'disguises' and euphemises its ad-status. The more direct ad-s are not in any shortage either: the '...for Car Lovers' campaign and the Abarth one starting with the BIC launch.

So, sir, as i have said before, your view about marketing at FCA, and of its ability to make any major difference to sales before the all-new maal comes in end-2016/2017, is wrong imo.

e.g., the Abarth Punto ad on youtube, not even counting TV or print has, get this: 1,300,000+ views, and climbling relentlessly and fast since it was launched. This number is about 12+TIMES what previous FIAT ads have recieved on YouTube (e.g., the Avventura's pre-launch and main tvc).

So no: it is NOT true that marketing or getting-the-word-out or explaining the qualities for 'car lovers' has any notable deficit to it anymore.

Your 'marketing is deficient' diagnosis is NOT true since the Evo launch: it applies, though, all the way through Mr. Kapoor's ceo tenure and upto the new Linea launch. It is NOT any sort of issue now, least of all under the Kevin Flynn tenure's new campigns.

btw, ad-s cost epic amounts to money, especially on such corrupt and extortion-racket 'news' etc outlets as the TIMES group ones, print or tv or web.

Do NOT be under the impression that, far from just FIAT, any car firm can ad-spend its way, with or without celebrity endoresements, to sales-nirvana: they will be insolvent long before that result. Witness the endlessly lossmaking and to-no-sales-effect ad campign-after-ad-campigns of VW+Skoda. Witness the useless expensive Nissan ads starring Ranbir Kapoor, or the failure of the Virat Kohli endoresement to benefit sales of the Liva and Etios for Toyota, etc.