1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Ignore
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune

Abarth Tvc
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    abhinav_nani, Rama, SOOZ_P and 4 others like this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Another pointless Ad which will create no impact. I have not seen a single newspaper 1 pager till date. Its truly inexplicable. Agreed, Abarth twins are exclusive, but its about branding Fiat more than Abarth.
    rusticnomad likes this.
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Precisely. I wrote to CRM head at FCA India mentioning that with barely 100 dealers pan India focus on local ad campaigns and TV ads are a sheer waste of money. I got a reply too, with mail forwarded to someone else also within FCA India. IMHO, all Ad campaigns should be focused in the city of dealers only. Spend on hoardings, spend on print ads ... there are ways of bypassing the newspaper Ad route and dealing with entire network of newspaper distributors which works out cheaper. They push the same in newspapers which make it look as if ads are full page ads and it works out far cheaper.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Am yet to see any ad of Abarth in Times of India! Forget ad, the launch was not even covered in the news!! Some serious problem they having with this newsgroup!
  6. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Lately, they opened a showroom in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. It's just second show room in the entire Andhra Pradesh state. No ad even in the local news papers. Even most people living in the Kurnool itself, don't know about this new showroom.

I must say, Fiat should kick who ever in charge of such affairs and inject new blood to get more focus in the public.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    What are you saying, @acechip , sir?

There have been ads on tv, across channels, even hindi ones ('Crafted for car lovers'), full-pagers in some cities (Bangalore, Chennai etc) and half-pagers elsewhere (Delhi). There are billboards up, have seen 2 or 3 around dilli-gurgaon. The Abarth ads have not begun, certainly not outside of Bangalore, i don't think, they will shortly.

IMO they should re-launch the desi-senti 'Make the Move' ads all over again, but only and esp on 'regional' language channels.

Although: that these or any FIAT ads will make only the slightest sales difference, for now and foreseeably, is ANOTHER matter.;):dead:

PS: the Autocar video review by Hormadz S of the Abarth Punto has hit 166000 views on youtube and has been climbing by 4-5k every day since the official launch. For whatever that's worth.
    rusticnomad likes this.
  8. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot -- I think we, as owners of fiat cars, should email all our opinions and ideas to Mr Mangesh Kodalkar at FCA India. I am sure such emails are being considered seriously. Earlier, Fiat India site used to just have scrolling images of different cars. I had emailed that what sense does those images make when it doesn't speak what Fiat cars are worth -- sheet metal, drive comfort, power, price, cheaper spares, safety etc etc. Surprisingly few weeks down the line saw them talking of each thing on their site in the image scroller section.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rusticnomad

I too feel that big ads in large, scattered-circulation mass newspapers or large viewership tv channels is not necessarily the ideal medium for a brand like FIAT, and for a high-value, percieved-to-be-risky 'commodity' like cars. To establish a campaign at its launch, sure, but then:

supplemented by a large number of more targetted, segmented, much more localized, and going-on-and-on micro-campaigns.

Gradually buildup a more-critical-mass of those who hear-of/are interested or intrigued by/owners: to spend tens or hundreds of crores on large, frequent or unending advertizing in large, mass-media/distribution 'channels', is too scattershot, with a very very poor 'conversion' or 'strike' rate. The example of VW/SKODA tells all: humunguous advertizing from launch to now, but a continuous drop in sales, and huge accumulated losses in the process.

FIAT would be better served by in-film/serial 'product placement' for example, or co-branding with other non-competitor firms from a different industry or cinematic-quality ads shown before feature films in all languages at moviehalls, as well as, and this is ESSENTIAL:

a major tie-up or two with an e-commerce major like snapdeal or amazon. And, if possible, launching a feature-filled FIAT (India) app, for owners and more importantly any others, as Renault have pioneered for the KWID.

Also, pick-for-concentrated-targetting: certain geographies. Glad they're, since kevin flynn has taken things in hand, doing a better job of this (e.g., according a priority to bangalore, kochi and delhi for initial pre-national-launch test drives of the abarth punto; doing a campaign in layered stages, starting with the BIC 595 brand-launch with a sneak peak at the abarth punto, then the actual abarth punto launch, early 'exclusive' previews for autocar et al, supplemented by a wider, mother brand ad campaign: 'crafted for car lovers', even-further improved website and facebook page, soon the abarth tvc-s, full-fledged reviews by the automags and webzines, better PR/media 'management'.....etc).

They will, one hopes and guesses, have a HUGE showing at the AutoExpo in feb (from Fiat and Abarth to Jeep to Maserati), and should think hard about, in their biggest city-market, dovetailing FIAT with the new bigger, presumably more impressive JEEP dealerships and, more importantly, after-sales centres, they will be launching early 2016, if possible, rather than keeping them apart on the mistaken fear that JEEP must be left unsullied by FIAT's lack of aura, indeed negative aura in the Indian mass car baazaar among the less-knowing.

Perhaps, also, they could formally tie-up with third-party service centres like Mahindra First Choice or Carnation or Bosch, and ADVERTIZE the fact too: the dealers may easily end up net gainers from the increased demand (since exagerrated ASS quality and quantity fears will thereby perhaps abate enough) rather than losers because of increased competition over a small-pie with the third-party providers?
    cassini, Subhendusc and rusticnomad like this.
  10. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I also personally feel that ASS is a main major factor with Fiat Sales. Fiat should participate in small melas during the festival season in each state. This can be combined with free checkup camps.

The story of Fiat in Southern India cannot be mixed with eastern and northern india. In Eastern and Northern India , we still have a strong fear about ASS. These fears have to be removed with constant small camps. Even small sponsorship with banners would add to the market base. But all these have to be done through the dealer , so that common people understands that there is a dealer and ASS for FIAT.
    prabhjot and rohitsharma like this.