1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today at ITPL tech park, Bangalore
    uploadfromtaptalk1435938697107.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435938744040.jpg
    Met with a FCA representative and spoke what you are trying to do by these campaigns. He replied nicely, we are building a platform and awareness among people for FCA 2017 in India.
    Though I knew something big planned for 2017, still asked what is it in 2017. He replied, now fiat as a brand looses its grip from people. We want to remind indians, FCA was a reputed firm and will be soon show its class by 2017 with at least 8 new products and 3 brands. But before we come as a bulk trying to convince people what FCA has in its DNA and makes it unique in INDIA. He was quite honest where they made mistakes and trying to rectify as fast as they can. I just impressed with the honesty. Hope their new strategy works.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Saw this in another place.
    If only fiat india has a social media marketing guy like this.. all we can see in india is standard templates like 'pls contact this no: if you are facing problems', 'new launches will be posted in due course of time' ...

11667386_10153138923434081_3040869107367001137_n.jpg
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    can you post that in their facebook page or tag them in twitter?
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is how you promote a brand in a country
    uploadfromtaptalk1436583993783.jpg
    Wish Fiat india will learn someday.
    See how creta is being promoted. I think before the launch only everybody knows about it. Why people will not consider it. And on the other side there is a new brand ABARTH going to be launched and not even a single promo in TV. The result will be in front of all soon. Everybody makes a mistake but you got to learn from it. It seems these guys took a oath, not to learn.
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Nice ad. And Fiat has been making in India for a long time. Yet they don't use it as an USP. But now I feel that Fiat India has very little control. It looks like everything has to be approved at Italy. Without proper delegation, the local management's hands will be tied. It doesn't take long for a good ad agency to think of a good ad especially when Fiat ads are absolutely superb in the Western countries and Turkey.
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Studies show that ads have VERY little net sales effect for high-value items (for the middle classes) like houses....and cars.

Ads CANNOT turn around a brand that has negative legacy issues. The vast majority will see the ad, notice it, maybe it'll strike them as smart or witty or filmi or whatever....and then proceed to buy ONLY the one (or two) cars they were always restricting their choice set to. Needless to say a Fiat or say a Skoda or even say a Nissan or a Chevy will be most unlikely to figure in that option set in the first place.

There are new J D Power studies that reveal this (do check their India website.)

@Vidhyashankar Kannan

FCA and in particular Olivier Francois are the undisputed champs at advertizing and marketing in the US, but also are excellent and effective in Europe, Turkey, Brazil etc. That is true.

BUT: the incredible rebirth-and-flourishing of the dead American brands (after a decade of decline caused by Daimler's horrific management, followed by the 2008 crisis and bankruptcy) has been achieved on the basis of O Francois' deeply edgy, always notably controversial/risque advertizing.

But it was only possible since the brands were culturally still alive and kicking, commanding affection and identification and loyalty, even if they were financially and in product-terms deadbeat. That is how FCA pulled off their renaissance, leading to 63 consecutive months of sales growth and marketshare gains, the best of any large firm in that booming market.

However, it came/comes at a huge cost: FCA spends more than a billion dollars on advertizing etc in the US alone, a greater % of its total business there than ANY other car company, luxury or mainstream.

In India, though, mefeels a similarly high % of ad-spending will.....have very little payoff even in vague brand-recognition/trust, let alone sales.

This brand will turn around alright, but it needs another 2 years, probably 5 before it does. They've been advertizing much much more, and much better and multi-channel too, than they used to say in the Tata-sales-JV days, with further improvements having been shown under the good? Mr. Flynn.

Let's see. New product ads are especially vital in India. They'll have some good ones in good quantities for the FiatAbarth t-jet Evo+Avventura?

They are capital constrained for marketing in India, surely, since Marchionne and Manley run very very tight ships, financially, all over the world. That is how FCA is profitable here. That BMW ad in the previous post costs, what, ten(s) of lakhs per TOI/Hindu/HT city edition, no?

They're surely saving-up for the big one: the launch of the Jeep brand and dealers?
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    A few bad decisions can be so costly for a brand. @prabhjot : I do not have many points to debate on what you've said above as you've documented the real issue correctly. Other brands are offering way more than Fiat according to the masses. And yes, the main point is that spending more on advertising is not going to shift customer loyalties. But I think it wouldn't hurt to come out with a decent ad once in a while instead of the blink-and-miss ones. People have nearly forgotten Fiat as a brand. It is being kept alive only through some word of mouth and the online forums where enthusiasts still rave about the cars.

Bringing out an ad once in a while will atleast keep people thinking. Just for recall purposes. And for God's sake, they need to get the timing right. They are always so late that they keep turning up at funerals after the burials are over with each one of their cars. The Avventura's ads were like flogging a dead horse. No one knew much about the release, there was no ballyhoo anywhere, no noise. The car came, some people said "nice looking" and it vanished into oblivion. After 6 months of release, they come out with big posters in cities. It just defeats the point. Advertising means a lot but only when they time it properly.

Fiat is surviving because they have a fiercely loyal customer base. They can even use these in their ads. No need for full page ads as it will look like a desperate effort. Just focused, well timed ones will atleast keep the brand existing.

And I so hope you're right. That they'll save up and get the Jeep launch right. Atleast the Punto TJet ones. if they botch up the Punto/Avvenutra TJet launches, then they really are goners.
    abhinav_nani and prabhjot like this.
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Advertising never expected to increase sales at first place. But it is the value and awareness that can be spread. You guys absolutely right. Many have said if Fiat as a brand lost focus, then a new brand ABARTH is coming why not highlight it when you have back to back products lined up under the same brand. Why to wait until the launch of products. If fiat can start advt now abarth, clearly upto festive season and december they can highlight constantly. Reports say petrol cars have increased a demand among customers. Then why not push abarth with tjet as a platform. The 10 sec ads they posted about Abarth in YouTube, the same can be released on tv. But no, fiat marketing will sleep. They only try to clap and make some noise when no body is listening. Result will be another brand goes to dust. And to promote a new brand if they don't get approval from Italy then there are some serious issues with the trust inside the organisation only.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can't decide where to post that's why posting.Mod,please delete if found OT.

I am getting messages from FIAT INDIA on regular basis.Not marketing msgs but regarding maintenance like mansoon checkups(not camps),replacement of fluids every 2 yrs(my car is approaching it's 4th birth day),request not to drive on water logged roads etc. etc.
    I get 2-4 messages like these everyday.The last sentence of all the msgs is always---
    "Thanks Team FIAT".Is it something to do with TFI ;).
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

I am reminded of Samuel Beckett's play, "Waiting for the Godot". Reference here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot

Thats all I can say.
    prabhjot likes this.