1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

I believe the i20 elite does not offer any of the following:

fuel efficiency readout, realtime and distance to empty. Plus several other MID/MYCar functionalities, such as exact bulb-fused readout.

fully tumble forward rear seats (not just backrest folding)

full engine underbody protection. rear seat back protection plate.

led tail lamps

boot light

voice recognition (blue & me) and sms verbal readout

full size alloy spare wheel (Avventura v/s i20Active, not sure about the 90hp Evo)

ambient lighting on the dashboard

soft touch, leather-textured dashboard insert (evo and avventura)

(art-) leather seats (Avventura)

'intelligent' rear windshield wiper

bigger and more importantly wider tyres, version for version, also better model of tyres (eg, the 90 hp Evo gets the really good Apollo Alnacs).

Of course there are some it misses out compared to the Hyundai, but then version-for-version it is MUCH less expensive (apart from being better in build, design and engineering), no?

Have you checked out the accessories list for the Indian fiats on the website? Not every dealer has every accessory in stock, though, you'll have to have them order it. Mopar parts are great, but very expensive. Unfortunately we'll never be able to 'trick out' or 'pimp out' our Fiats when new with OEM stuff like Mopar's UNTIL sales are 5X times where they are today, else the economics for dealers and Mopar itself would be impossible.

btw, even the European Punto, which is by now a 9-year old car that still sells a fair few tens of thousands a year hasn't has touchscreen ICE all this while (just an add-on gps screen from tom-tom as an option ) BUT: it just got one!

May this come to India on the next iteration here of the Punto Evo, the Linea and the Avventura: namely the t-jet evo etc, and the Abarth Punto!
    cassini likes this.
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    When Linea was launched I remember making a list of about 60 positives of Linea over City as i used to sell that car then.
    Not only the features mentioned in the above post, but rear sun curtain, blue & me, hydraulic hinges in the boot, vanity light on both side sun visors, foldable key, immobilizer with rolling code and so many other features were first in the segment!

Please read my post number 327 here -

and 812 here

cassini and varunrtr like this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

There is a bit of a history involved here. The overall relations with the West, during the 70s deteriorated to the point that almost no mass consumer products from America/Europe were sold in India during the Janata raj . The Indian automotive industry got second wind with the Maruti-Suzuki collaboration in cars, simultaneously with the wave of Indo-Jap bikes, each of which proved to be iconic products in their own right. (I remember growing up, there were 4 families with exactly one of Hero Honda, Ind Suzuki AX100, Kawasaki KB100 and Yamaha RX100 in their possession- and how fascinated with the boys racing and doing wheelies). That coupled with Sony and National-Panasonic, increased the fascination and appreciation for anything from Japan. That instinct has got entrenched in our DNA now, so its little wonder that the Hondas and Marutis have succeeded.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    A keen, very witty, albeit in a very specific UP-Bihar way, video peddling Fiat to smaller-town (Kanpur, Patna...) N India.

Those who felt that Fiat's india ads/videos aren't 'desi' enough in their attempted Indian 'connects'....

Wish they'd use the same video-concept for each of the big regional languages
    Drive4freedom likes this.
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yesterday left me grumbling. My wife proved to me how dumb Fiat is when it comes to sales and marketing and as a result, teased the hell out of me for buying a Fiat. Let me explain:

Observe this ad below. Its hard not to notice the car in question. And this is from a company for a car that is already selling in droves. Yet, they put out a recall ad to push sales even further. And it works.

And now, another ad from a company whose sales for this particular model are on the slide. They have also tried advertising to bring customers back. Again, its hard not to see what the company is trying to say.

And Voila, an ad from a company that has good products but is so nonchalant that they just put an ad for the heck of it?! If you can find the ad in 5 seconds, you are fit to be in espionage.

In fact, the ad is placed so poorly and so small on an unimportant page the I didn't even see it. So why won't Fiat advertise better? I don't know. I just hope they're happy with their profits in India and continue to keep their FASS open for continuity.
    kishorekrs, cassini, bharath and 2 others like this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Amaze claims 165 mm as high ground clearance in its advertisement, that's the key that they advertise the feature that they don't have and Fiat does not.
    one of my friend told me that the new diesel city when they were 5 passengers in it scraped each and every speed breaker.
    but still people buy it at rate of 7k per month.
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    And if you see Fiat's ad above, they have shown a family in superhero costumes. That looks so lame. There is a better way to show fun with dignity. Not like a family of jokers. Heck, I wouldn't dress up my family like that even if I was given an Agera free of cost.

Why doesn't Fiat realize this when even ordinary people like us do? Their Marcomm department needs intervention.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 22, 2015 ---
    My neighbour has a City that has captured tar from every speed breaker in Hyderabad. It scrapes even when 2 people are in the car. But that's advertisement for you.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    cassini, prabhjot, Raj_pol and 2 others like this.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan I guess it proves my point which I keep on repeating a lot that Fiat has a really really bad marketing department and or they are simply not trying or both.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Avventura 1.3 90 HP

I had a pleasant surprise today. I received a call from a senior Fiat staff informing me that he is in Hyderabad and is meeting a few Fiat customers. So I invite him over eagerly to have a friendly chat.

So, in walks this unassuming gentleman on the left side of 60 years. He has been with Fiat for decades and is part of a team of officials traveling pan India to see why there is such a big disconnect between the dealers and customers. Apparently the Dealers are telling corporate that all is fine. But management is no idiot. They just need to see the sales figures each month to know that all is not well. It also turns out that the parent company hold over the Indian arm is very strong. He told me that even for the Avventura, the Indian team took quite a bit of time to convince the parent company for the need for higher GC. So every single decision needs to be run through the parent firm.

The other feedback I got was that FCA is very serious about India which is why they are now trying to work from the customer end to show the parent company what Indian customers want. I gave a long list of points based on whatever has been discussed on this forum. But the main bone of contention is changing the people's perception in India which is etched strongly. And the necessity for tailor made advertising for India along with the trims required here, no matter how silly.

It sounds like a sincere attempt on the part of the company. I have mailed them a list of points on request. Hopefully with others pitching in, something, just something may actually change. Here's to staying positive.

Thank you for reading.
    kishorekrs, cassini, prabhjot and 8 others like this.
  10. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

@Vidhyashankar Kannan - I got similar call from a FIAT official some two months ago and the gentleman told that he will come to my home next day. I asked permission in my office for the next day, so that i could spare a good time for the survey with him. But the gentleman never turned up.
    cassini likes this.