1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No SIR, why should they. Why indeed worry about Fiat sales. Just buy a Hyundai or Maruti or others is what I say to those who want a Hyundai and whatever good it offers. Why change Fiat car DNA, if you agree to that term. The Novo Uno retains that DNA, bring it at competitive price point even if priced more. They wont beat the competition, but could still be popular, who knows?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2014 ---
    Also Toyota has Etios, not exactly a winner or far from it. And the top guy at Toyota said its impossible to manufacture below this price point with Toyota Philosophy or reliability he meant!? They might introduce smaller cars in future, but we all know where to look at for those heavy duty big family passenger vehicles; the top contender.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I would say follow Hyundai in tactics, turn around time and customer support keeping FIAT DNA intact.
    wouldn't this be possible ? YES for this execution of plans should be proper.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes its possible, Hyundai did exactly what Maruti has managed to do. The spares were available in the beginning. They were rather affordable, the corner shop mechanics could deliver a quick fix to problems. Fiat (car problems) unfortunately were beyond comprehension of many owners and mechanics despised them for the same complexity. Couple that with horrendous blunders from Fiat in the UPS days. (UPS=Uno Palio Siena)
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Disagree.
    WagonR sells more than 10,000 pieces every month, consistently (ie, 1 year of FIAT car sales = 1 month sales of WagonR, approx).
    Launched in 2000, it reached the milestone of 15 lakh cars in Nov 2014.
    It is one of the most practical hatchbacks available. It was my first car. I still have it and is preferred car when I drive within city. I may sell it to my sister soon.
    WagonR-15L.jpg
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    BIG question is that can FIAT sell panda at a price of Wagon R in India ?
    can they match ASS and ARAI figures of Wagon R with Panda ?
    NO that's why they have not launched it here in India
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Suzuki does not sell WagonR in UK now, the nearest one is A-star in Alto avatar.
    The UK prices from their websites.

Suzuki Alto (A-star in India) - starting from 5999 pounds = approx 6L INR
    Fiat Panda - starting from 9095 pounds = approx 9L INR
    Panda is about 50% costlier than Alto and in different segments.

Fiat 500 - starting from 10420 = approx 10.4 L INR
    Suzuki Splash (Ritz) - From 7999 = approx 8L INR.
    500 is 25% costlier than Ritz.
    The above is a nice comparison. If they can bring 500 is in similar price range wrt Ritz in India, that would be really interesting.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    In one review even the Dacia Duster was pitted against the Panda and is a serious contender at similar price point.. :wideyed:
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Bro, imagine Fiat selling tin cans like Maruti and making a hell of a profit. Then they can afford to sell heavy, low on mileage, really sexy V6 machines for us petrol heads. Everyone wins - and maybe I can finally get a true monster hatchback to scare the damn taxi guys in Bangalore :p
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    that's the main point they have not launched panda here.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I will not say whether Panda could be released in an eco version with comparable or better ARAI figures. They certainly can but probably wont. India is also poised at LCGC (low cost green car) initiatives like Indonesia. Emissions and performance balance in not something Fiat cannot deliver. In-fact they are on the forefront with conventional fuel and/or flex fuel options. The Uno still is based on a (revived) great platform and could have been the all time hit had Fiat not backed out selling 617 odd cars out of the 30000 bookings it took.