1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Marketing - Campaigns, Advertisements, Sales Promotions

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by NAREN64, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    The new Punto Evo TVC might be able to connect with its target segment better than the previous campaigns. While it's a good start, Fiat should ensure that the effort is sustained and they utilise multiple channels to engage customers.

I agree that Hyundai has the advantage in terms of volume, and can afford a larger fleet of test-drive cars.

It might be interesting to know/read, if someone can get the following data for both Fiat and Hyundai:
    • Number of inquiries per dealer
    • Number of test-drives offered per day per dealer, average distance covered in one test-drive

Based on my interactions with dealers of Fiat as well as Hyundai in NCR, I have a hunch that Hyundai will have a better utilisation rate. If the data proves it, then Fiat India should increase the amount of follow-up they do with dealers, and ensure better utilisation. While they can't have the luxury of multiple test-drive vehicles like Hyundai, they can at least ensure that the available ones are used properly.
    2 people like this.
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Agree to Biraj. Almost some 10 months ago, I had gone for test drive to one of the Hyundai showrooms in Bangalore for one of my friends. No one was even caring about us (we were 4). Finally I had to speak to the reception lady who finally arranged a test drive vehicle and there was one SA with us in the car who did not even care to reply to few questions I asked. And one last reply came "This is Hyundai sir. People in general do not ask such questions and why do you care about the minute features so much?" I replied "Keep the car with you. A missing sump guard is not that minute to miss :) ". It is that easy for Hyundai. People book the car even without seeing the car properly. But, agree FIAT should do more marketing for such a wonderful car.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My experience has been entirely different when i have approached Hyundai and ford. the hospitality shown towards the customers over there was miles ahead of Fiat's Hospitality. SAs over there followedup like anything to do sales and were extremely friendly gave each and every comparison details.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, so it differs from dealership to dealership. We can't relate it to FIAT or Hyundai. I was talking about how easy it is for Hyundai to sell a car. I have got friends who got pathetic pre-sales and post-sales experiences (from Honda, Hyundai etc etc). In my recent trips to Vecto Motors service in Hosur road, getting warranty replacements were a cake walk- they understood issues very quickly. I can't imagine getting the same service for my dad's WagonR at home (I've worst experiences there). We can directly blame FIAT for marketing but not sales - they are already doing what they can.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In case someone interested.

IMG_2713192394664.jpeg
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Displaying Cars is very good strategy adopted by Fiat. That also on weekends in popular malls, great. :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Just took the TD of ZEST, Amaze, Ertiga and EVO for a friend. All top end diesel versions. Out of all these cars only the FIAT SA explained all, I will say all the features of the car and that too very perfectly. Honda guys were not interested in explaining features, as it is a Honda and everybody buys it. He also did not bring the top end model though it was conveyed to him. Maruti people had no features to explain, they also felt that no need for explanation. In fact when Maruti guy learned about me driving a Punto, He told my friend that he need not explain anything about Ertiga, as I as an expert was already sitting there. Probably it was a pun intended but i took it the other way. And ZEST had a whole lot of features that SA's were also not aware of and cud not explain fully what all they knew also. Tata showroom had only two cars for TD and many customers asking for it. So we cud not take an exclusively long TD. Also now that he has taken the TD of all these vehicle it is only Fiat and Tata following up with him.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Have a question, guys, about the upcoming Avventura TVC.

Who is Gauahar Khan? And is she appropriate for Fiat to be associating with her celebriti-ness, or too silly/minor/notorious?

Am not so sure Fiat won't botch this TVC like they did the new Linea one, and unlike what they did with the excellent Evo one?!
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

There you go, even prabhjot is not impressed by the choice of the model!! Perhaps they should have signed on Sunny. At least it would have caught a lot more male attention..:wideyed:
    prabhjot and zenwalker like this.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    What about Yo Yo Honey singh