1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat makes most fuel efficient cars in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Its very true with figures achieved in Punto or Linea that Fiat makes most fuel efficient cars in India. FIRE & MJD engines have been the best option for those who need FE & performance.
  2. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Exactly said. My Linea MJD whenever I fill in Diesel the FE always is 15 kms/liter(inside city & on highways 20). Also there is no lag in performance, I drive regularly in city & highways. Might be I would late in arriving at the destination by 5-10 minutes when compared those who say that their cars 0-100 in 11 secs etc etc., What would be their FE 10 to 13 kms/liter, what is the use of having 0-100 in 11 secs when the FE is low by 3-4 kms per liter does it serve any purpose. Only the Carbon emissions are high & they would be polluting the envoirnment.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    5-10 min diff is nothing when you compare with which car you have. no other car can match the FE of Fiat cars. 0-100 in 11 secs is good on race tracks, not on indian roads. Fiat gives a majestic ride and its good for safe drivers.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat not only makes the most fuel efficient cars in the form of MJD and FIRE.
    They also make one of the most successful engines.

Indian companies have never achieved good level of technology in Diesels for small cars/hatchbacks.

Maruti: Zen D was a diesel variant of Zen but never really survived because of unsuccessful attempt of bringing a reliable diesel engine.

TATA: Has it's own TDi engine which is good but not refined. Plus issues with noise from fan belt etc etc. Yet, it has been one of the most successful engine so far.

Now, TATA dealership in Chandigarh proudly display a caption

"If you heard a vibration, it's most probably your cell phone. Fiat's MultiJet engine has arrived in TATA Vista"

Had Fiat decided not to sell MJD to Maruti, it would have been in bigger profit now. On the positive side, Swift DDiS has done a lot of promotion for the Fiat's MJD in India.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    That is cool man. Tata should use this tag instead of Surprise yourself.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That may be negative for TATA's own TDi engine and the cars that don't have MJD like the Indigo CS etc.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But sadly no body believes that Fiat cars are fuel efficient. It will take sometime for normal buyers to belevee in Fiat.
  8. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    FIAT is making good profits by selling engines to Maruti. It will give them good cash to invest in India.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    each and every model of Punto & linea are very fuel efficient but every other car gets a tag of high fuel efficiency. small cars with small engines give as much mileage or low mileage than the bigger Fiat engines but those smaller cars are called FE cars. this is totally unfair to Fiat cars.
  10. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    Believe me my Linea gives better FE than my Wagon R by about 10%.