1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat linea with CCFL angel eyes

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by NJOY, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    how will it help? in any case the new headlamps will be difficult to open. why waste money?
  2. NJOY

NJOY

Coimbatore
    I have talked to Sri. Ganesh babu of Salem, He is an Importer for HID and his friend is the person who is installing it. He told it is difficult to fit in Fiat Linea. Since it is difficult to melt. If some thing is happened during Melting, then entirely waste of headlight & money. He also told me to wait for some time till he find alternative solution. I have also discussed this Ukraine - Fiat linea with ccfl angel eyes about five months back and still it is under discussion. After every thing gets ready - FULL Details including Safety of money during import, the quality of product, Installation & other details. We can go for it.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

If any of our Team Fiat Member have contacts in Ukraine we will have first hand information about this product and producers Credit Worthy.

Ukraine is the second largest trade partner of India in the CIS region, The major commodities which are exported by Ukraine to India include chemicals, fertilizers, ferrous metals, power equipment (including for nuclear reactors), steel, steel-related equipment, aluminum, railway equipment, medical equipment, vegetable oils, paper products, electrical equipments, etc.

The major commodities, which are exported by India to Ukraine include pharmaceutical products, tobacco, coffee, tea and spices, cosmetics and toiletries, natural rubber, bovine meat, plantation crops, readymade garments, machinery and instruments, leather and leather products, cotton yarn, fabrics and other textile items, agricultural products, plastic and linoleum products, packaged edibles etc.

Having said all this.... as on Dec 15, 2011 - Ukraine’s credit-rating outlook was cut to negative from stable by Moody’s Investors Service. So we will wait till all things gets clear.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It won't help. My idea is not to experiment with the existing set of headlamps and instead get a pair from Kava and do the experiment.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @ramjn, yep pair of Kava lamps will be a great idea! It won't make hole in your pocket too!
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pay special attention to the screws behind the reflectors, the mounting screws of the projector should be more/less thn the reflectors screws, so that it fits straight as with even the slightest of misaligment, the results are gonna vary drastically
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    thanks for the tip, but alas the neither i could open the perma seal on complex linea headlamp nor the headlight expert.

i have now given it to another so called headlight expert who claims to have done many permaseal type headlights.

i am still wondering how you opened it in half an hour.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I am wondering why is it taking so long to open it up. Thats pretty unusual
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    good news finally they opened.

puntos and lineas headlights are very different. linea has internal rivets which need to be opened with special tools. fortuner has similar ones.

got the projectors fitted :)

waiting for the butyl sealant to dry. then i will have to clean the glasses and housing with petrol/ diesel.

then it will go into my car.

photos will be uploaded soon. believe me the projectors are just meaty covering the whole low beam barrel. i am just very happy that it went thru

Special thanks to Jasveen for his tips.
    2 people like this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :clap :clap :clap

Good to hear this. Waiting to hear more about your setup. And also the pictures.
    I will have to get tips from you for my project ::D.