1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea TJet : Purchase Suggestions requested

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vinodh_Gowda, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Vinodh, Rear seat is not foldable in any version of New Linea. That feature is there in Punto Evo. Extended warranty they are not giving as of now,upon enquiring they are saying that some tussle ongoing between Fiat and insurance company and once it gets resolved they will start the extended warranty.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    New Linea's rear seat is no longer foldable now. And sadly FIAT has stopped offering extended warranty
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Any possibility on FASS fitting touch screen infotainment from its Linea Elegante onto regular Linea's?
  4. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I had asked about this at Jay Vijay a week back. The accessories person said that it could be available in 2-3 months along with the reverse camera.
  5. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for the information sir...That's seriously bad on FIAT's part...That utility feature would be an awesome addition...Anyways can't help it now...On the insurance, Aftab from KHT who is handling the booking part at my end too informed that the extended warranty has been removed as of now and I can avail it if and when it comes into effect within the completion of the 3 year normal warranty from FIAT.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 1, 2015 ---
    Hello Both,
    First thing is that I as informed that the infotainment system has been billed at 43k...!!!

Secondly, You can get the same here -> http://www.virtueindia.in/product/infotainment-system-for-linea-2014/ . This comes with added features and also comes with a remote. This is the same system as in the Elegante. I wanted to buy this and later was informed by Santhosh of VirtueIndia that an Android based system is due in October and have gone ahead and ordered it. He had sent me the pictures and they look the same. Same system for far less than that from FIAT.

Checked with Santhosh and fitting this involves no cutting chopping for the existing wires and hence no warranty void issues... :happy: ...Santhosh is friendly and is a fellow Grande Punto owner...
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Vinodh_Gowda

Since that is Android based, please check whether Blue&Me will work with the system.
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @nikhil0405 As per website, it is compatible with BnM keeping steering mounted controls functional. If everything mentioned on site is true then its a great news.
    nikhil0405 and Vinodh_Gowda like this.
  8. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Had already confirmed that...He specifically mentioned it works...Best part, connect phone to BLUE n Me and if there is any other bluetooth music device, if can be connected to the system's bluetooth...

Android version sports mirror link wherein you can beam the contents on phone screen to the device...This system is also capable of playing DVRs...
    nikhil0405 and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  9. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    It surely is great news...I can let you guys know once I get the unit
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    This looks good from the description. Hopefully voice commands too will work.
    I am sure many will be waiting to read your experience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.