1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea TJet : Purchase Suggestions requested

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vinodh_Gowda, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    On my recent official trip back from Belgaum to Bangalore I was cruising at 100+ on my Punto Evo. I happen to witness the sheer power of T-jet!! It made me go crazy. A pearl white Linea zipping past ahead of me at probably past 130+ kmph was simply astounding to see. To add more adventure to this there was this Skoda Rapid on his tail trying to catch T-jet. Not even a mile he could see T-jet zipping thru like a fighter jet!! Subsequently at toll during stop n go moment the rapid failed again so miserably. Not able to catch up with the initial go. I was personally so blown out with the performance of it. Its irony that I haven't driven t-jet yet. But sure I have plans to do one & I am dying to put my hands on it. Well its definitely a best choice you have ever made bro. T-jet & M-jet..what best can your garage be filled of? ;)

Sorry for the off topic..I was awaiting to pour my admiration on this beast!! Just happen to stumble upon this thread. Happy that I witnessed one so closely..Happy motoring buddy!! :)
  2. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Please check the manufacturing details and possible past history of the car - at times great discounts could be deceiving.
  3. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Yes. I guess I am getting pretty good offer for T-Jet. Also let me tell you I haven't even started bargaining yet :wacky: This is their initial offer.
    As @sudipz said this car might be an old car. I need to check manufacturing month of the same. Anyway I don't mind getting a car which is manufactured a couple of month before. Any older than that is a big no-no.

Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  4. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Forum,
    Thanks for the active suggestions. The choice made and now officially booked, it's going to be FIAT Linea TJET Emotion in Magnesio Gray. The booking has been confirmed at KHT Motors, FIAT Caffe, Bengaluru...Getting a decent amount of discounts. The delivery has been set to 22nd of October, 2015 a it is Ayudha Pooja on account of Dussherra. The car will be in the yard by 10th of October, 2015 and have already asked that the VIN number should be communicated well in advance and that I want a car which is just three months or older.

Changes confirmed during delivery:
    1. Rear spolier to be added during delivery.
    2. FIAT infotainment from VirtueIndia. Spoke to Santhosh of vitueindia.com and he seemed good and genuine. He said an Android based Infotainment is out next month and that is what I will be going ahead with. The system is straight fit to the current set-up and does not meddle with the looks. Hopefully will be getting it before the TJET delivery as KHT has promised to fit it.

Later changes:
    1. A rear view camera like in the FIAT Linea Elegante.
    2. TPMS - On look out via aliexpress.com. Do suggest if any among you have it already installed.
    3. Sticker similar to the one here ->http://carsizzler.com/other_gallery_images/1392371921Linea Rear.png . Reason why I wanted the Linea TJET in Sunbeam Gold but then the colour has been stopped. Have to figure out the proper colour combination for the Magnesio Gray
    4. The chrome bits currently on the Elegante model for the rear-view mirrors. Found that it would go down well with the TJET in Magnesio Gray colour. NOTE : Chrome only on the rear-view mirrors.
    5. Scuff plates -> Will try to get them during delivery else later.

Changes considered but ruled out:
    1. Sunroof -> My fiancée wanted this as they have the new Honda City with sunroof. Considered it but then decided against as I am worried of compromising the brilliant structural rigidity of the Linea via the holes\cuts on the roof.
    2. Footrest light -> Do not want to meddle with the electricals as of now.
    3. Headrest mounted screens at the rear -> Again do not want too much of the car's electricals to be meddled with.

Thank you,

NOTE: Saw the Avventura in Bronzo Tan. If only it came in TJET. :grumpy: Only thing missing in it now is 4-wheel drive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 28, 2015 ---
    She sure would be. Will let her know all those at appropriate time.
    TJET in Magnesio Gray it is :happy:
    I have had numerous such encounters and trust me, TJET is a machine unchallenged in it's class. We sure can catch up once since you too are put up in Namma Bengaluru... :happy:

However, if you were able to witness that dog fight, it does speak about your understanding of the Punto Evo 75HP. Takes a good machine combo for that. We have Grande Punto 75Hp since 2009 and once through the first two gears, the Punto well and truly shines :playful:
    Best wishes for you purchase. Do keep us posted.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Vinodh_Gowda

Heartiest congratulations on the Jet buy. Magnesio grey is just drool worthy colour. I think it will be a bit difficult to maintain the gloss but if you are able to do, the car just shines out. What's the reason for changing the HU so early?
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  6. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats @Vinodh_Gowda

Tjet is a great car and you will surely love your drives. I recently took delivery of my emotion magnesio grey multijet (less than 3 weeks back).
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hearty congratulations
    Happy motoring
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  8. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @Vinodh_Gowda Congrats for your purchase sir ! Do post pictures of your car. We are waiting for ownership report too..
    Wish you many happy miles with your car !!
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  9. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks...Since I have already taken the plunge would have to maintain...Wanted the black but then don't want to spend too much on maintaining the shine hence Magnesio Gray.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2015 ---
    Great car it is sir...Can't wait for the day...Finally, the TJET... :happy:
    Thank you... :)
    Oops, I have just confirmed the TJET sir...The purchase would be completed on 22nd of October, 2015. I surely will pen down rather type the report...
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello All,
    A short query, does the new Linea come with foldable rear seat? As far as I remember, the pre-facelift model (and not the Linea classic) has this feature. Kindly let me know.

Also, I was informed that the extended warranty has now been removed by FIAT. Is this true?

Thanks in advance,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.