1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea TJet : Purchase Suggestions requested

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vinodh_Gowda, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @Vinodh_Gowda Hey I am looking for Linea T-Jet too ! On road price here in Pune is quoted as 10.35 for emotion variant and for diesel emotion it is 10.75 lakhs including discounts. Frankly I am damn confused. Thanks for asking all those queries!!
    One query : Do you think buying diesel makes sense if price difference is so less considering this will be my daily drive ?

Sorry to hijack your thread by the way :shame: !
  2. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Revv: That's difficult...Me choosing the TJET was majorly coz of my fiancé (She's not driven a diesel) and that we already have the FIAT 1.3 MJD in our Punto...Wanted a petrol car and I wouldn't go out of FIAT and hence the only option is the TJET...Linea MJD has a fair bit of lag in the first two gears...But let me tell you, it's not such a big concern as being made out in the mags and other forums...However, the engine isn't as better tuned as say by the TATA for the Zest and Maruti for the Swift...

If you can live with a mileage of 10 kmpl in the city and around 15 in the highway then it's TJET all the way...Also, the recent National Tribunal rule in Delhi is also a concern wherein if it's implemented all over would mean a diesel car is valid for road use only for 10 years as against 15 for petrol ones...

Fine cut the crap, you only live once...Go for the TJET...
    Revv and Sam like this.
  3. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks for replying !
    Yes I think you are right. My friend currently owns Linea MJD. I have driven it probably more than he did. So I know that lag factor is overly exaggerated. And my current Linea petrol gives me about 12 in city so mileage is not an issue.
    I guess Linea T-Jet it is then !!
    prabhjot and Vinodh_Gowda like this.
  4. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    That's good to hear...Anyways there was only one good diesel car in this segment which was killed by it's own company - FORD Fiesta...It used to handle superbly...If you want a diesel in this segment, go pick the Fiesta, lucky if you find one...However, be warned about FORD's service cebtre personnel's attitude...For the diesel, Linea comes second to Fiesta with respect to power delivery only...
  5. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Correction to the post above: There was only one OTHER diesel good car........ :)
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Would suggest you to take the test drive of Linea Multijet. After the recent ECU update, it has relly become very agile and fun to drive. (Pls ensure that the test drive vehicle has got the latest ECU update) In city traffic conditions, there is very little (or absolutely nill) difference now, between MJD and TJet. The discounts on offer, have made the MJD at par with TJet, as far as pricing is concerned. And offcourse, MJD pampers you big time at the fuel station, everytime you visit there :)
    Fiat fan Yuva, Revv and Vinodh_Gowda like this.
  7. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Vinit, that's a good bit of information I dint know...When did this update happen and anything of this sorr for the Punto MJD...??? For me it's tjet all the way and guess your info can help @Revv... I don't want another 1.3 in the family...Guess will stick to tjet now and in future will take the plunge to a JEEP...

Going to the dealer in a while, will ask for a test drive...
  8. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Vinodh_Gowda Nice to know that you are zeroing in on T-JET. No need to mention that this is one heck of the car. Mine is Dynamic TJet in Magnesio Grey. Its almost 1 and half year of ownership. Except for few minor niggles, no issues faced. You can definitely go for this one but one thing, make sure you fiancée follows Turbo idling rule :)
    Fiat fan Yuva and Vinodh_Gowda like this.
  9. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    2010 TJet, 47k on the odo now, and all I care is to drive it more and more .. Routine service is important and at times you have to be patient with a Fiat to solve the niggling issues, like a left pull or a b&m pairing, could be a tick tack noise here there, however if you live to drive, this is the car you'd love to have!
    MJD #respect however TJet #wins :D
    Fiat fan Yuva and Vinodh_Gowda like this.
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    This is interesting since when I enquired last month, the max discount on the Tjet was 40k. That would bring it to around 10.6 L on road in pune. Since you are getting more than 70k discount, this sounds like a great deal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.