1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea TJet : Purchase Suggestions requested

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vinodh_Gowda, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Forum,
    Typing down in the forum after a very long time. To cut the long story short, after swinging from Avventura to Linea and from Linea MultiJet to Tjet, I along with my fiancée would be booking the FIAT Linea TJET at KHT Motors, Domlur, Bengaluru this Sunday. I request the forum members, especially the TJET owners about the following,

1. What's the best discount I can expect on the ex-showroom price? It's currently 9.93 lakhs for the top end version. I cannot delay the purchase as I need the JET to be run-in before I drive her on to my honeymoon trip ;)
    2. What are the regular concerns\issues\problems associated with the TJET that I need to be aware of? Kindly avoid the normal smaller niggles as we already have a FIAT Punto Emotion pack Multijet and I can live with the smaller issues.
    3. Should I reconsider the Multijet if incase the issues or maintenance with the TJET is high? Major reason for buying the TJET is that we already have a Puntio 1.3 and dint want the Linea with the same engine and also TJET has always been my love. Beauty with a heart of gold, I must add.
    4. Best colour? BLACK ruled out due to maintenance concerns and got to know from the dealers that Sunbeam Gold is not available any more (Was also informed that Glitterati Gold on the Punto EVO too is now stopped.)

NOTE : Dint take much longer to turn my fiancée to a FIAT lover. She has already decided on the name for our girl... :kiss:

My love for Avventura still stays and for me it's the best FIAT currently. Only if it had a TJET, I would have got it eyes shut...

Also, considered the ABARTH Punto briefly but then low ground clearance for Bengaluru roads is a big NO :banghead:

Thanks in advance,
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Vinodh_Gowda for deciding to book the TJet. I would be completing 1 year with mine in a few days. No major niggles faced and a couple of very small issues only, easily solved. Go for it would be my word. My complete experience till date is captured in my blog, link is available as my signature.
    Discount: Fiat doesn't offer much discounts on petrol variants as production itself is less and dealers also do not stock it well enough. I think I could manage approx 45K as cash discount.
    Regular concerns: None actually.
    Maintenance cost: Haven't had to shell out anything as of now. Normal servicing cost in the second service only.
    Color: That's a personal choice. I loved Black but didn't go for it for the same reason you mentioned. I opted for the Magnesio Grey color and love it.
    Do make sure to check out manufacturing month and do a proper PDI. If delaer has old stock, you may get a better discount but be thorough with the PDI. Cheers!
    Vinodh_Gowda and Sam like this.
  3. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea TJet is a great car but if you are solely looking for a performance beast none will come close to Abarth!!!
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Vinodh_Gowda

Congrats on zeroing on the T-Jet. Frankly speaking the jet is a class apart and you need not be worried about the niggles at this stage. It is spirited car and should suit you well. The maintenance costs of Jet will be at par with the multi jet is not lesser. Regarding the discounts, you will need to negotiate hard. Since Bangalore has a couple more Fiat dealer, check out with them and then pit one dealer cost against other.

Jet in Tuscan wine colour is to die for, absolutely drool worthy colour. I am sure you must have considered this. Even Minimal grey or White makes the Jet stand out. Do book the car and update on this thread.
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  5. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for your input...We too love the BLACK but then it's going to be parked in the sun so a concern...As of now, it's Magnesio Gray at our end as well

Went through your thread and found you faced a few concerns...Will PM you on that but then nothing that would make me shun this beauty though...
  6. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Sam...I prefer my SAVIOUR i.e., Pulsar 200NS for my office commute and the Linea will be at my fiancé service...Mileage too is a concern with the Abarth...Don't want to be seeing a low single digit mileage...Also as a daily ride, We won't be doing justice to the 145 bhp on offer...I loved it in the matte brown though...Will surely test drive...Who knows in future might own one...Family feels why another PUNTO...!!!
    Sam likes this.
  7. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Will surely be updating once I satisfy my initial urge with her...Coming back, Multijet maintainence if our Punto is to be taken into account was very minimal.Also, gotta hear that the part in demand for the TJet are the brake pads and I damn sure know why

Bengaluru has three dealers, Aadya (Ebony), KHT and Vecto...Aadya is the closest to my place but then they don't seem to be interested feom their wnd...KHT has been very pro-active and we prefer to go ahead with them...Vecto was ruled out due to a few unwanted reviews received about their booking and delivery handling...

Colour is soley at my fiancé choice...She dint quiet like the Tuscan Wine however we will give it another look...White and Minimal Gray ruled out...White coz frankly the older design looked beautiful in white ans so so the new Linea though...Looks too loud in the front...She has lived with eboigh minimal greys in her family, A grey 2007 Alto and a grey 2015 Honda City and a lot more greys among her close relative hence no minimal grey for us...Magnesio gray is the top colour on our list as of now...

We shall be visiting KHT tomorrow and will update how the deal translates...
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Off-Topic: @Vybhavi is the Linea of my life...You know Linea who can communicate via words
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vinodh_Gowda

Sounds like the Fiat-'Powered by Abarth' t-jet Avventura due out post-diwali but this very year is THE car to wait for, for you guys.

May even be worth postponing your honeymoon for it!:p
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  10. Vinodh_Gowda

Vinodh_Gowda Novizio

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat Enthusiast
    A reply from the person who stands by fiat all the time on the forum...

On the topic, Avventura as I have already said is THE best FIAT for me but then post-diwali is too much of a wait...Need the car to also do some pre-marriage duties...More over my girl and her family have just been smitten by the Linea.(My family was bitten by Linea looks 6 years back when we got our Grande Punto)...Also, knowing FIAT let's face it they dont launch anything on time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.