1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea T-Jet Vs MJD ownership cost comparison

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Rachit Bhatnagar, Sep 10, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The T-jet can easily give much more mileage, all else being equal, than the mere 10 you've assumed. Or so i have figured out in my five months of ownership of the new Linea. I currently get around 11+- kpl, in Delhi Gurgaon traffic, AC always on.

Also, diesel prices will continue to increase by 50 p a month, whereas petrol ones may stay around 70.

Now imagine the same cost calculation only with a bigger (1.5 mjd), more expensive diesel. The T-jet will then come out feeling like even greater value than it already is. But then, would that Linea with the much-demanded 1.6 mjd sell? Or get stigmatised as over-priced?

But yeah: the mjd Linea makes for a superb value proposition, if one's running is high enough (say at least 1200 km per m).
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    @prabhjot, Diesel prices are already at market price now. There is no subsidy on it & if one go by market scenario diesel may get cheaper by 50paise from 15th September. My purpose of making that sheet is to generalises the comparison between any petrol or diesel car by changing few digits.
    Even I get 15kmpl on t-jet that too on well layed hill road with no ac. So I took most conservative mileage values when calculating.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Consider the fact that the TJet delivers diesel-like torque at petrol-like high rpm's.

Agreed that the parts are expensive , but some piece of mind is assured if you consider these as "Stage 1 performance" parts :D
    5u3zEr0, mchanna and Rachit Bhatnagar like this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Agree on your Stage 1 performace parts point :)
    Might buy a second hand Tjet just for fun in future as FIAT cars almost available at throwaway prices :)
  5. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Why the spare prices of T-JET are so exorbitant? Are they imported? Does these clutch plates and fly wheels included in warranty/extended warranty?
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes they are. Yes many more engine components are imported. And, if you were to go through ownership testimonials of the T-jet here and on that other forum, you'd get the feeling T-Jets are made even/that much better.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I thought MJD would fetch higher resale than T-Jet

Agreed. Spare Parts price could be an important parameter in Cost of ownership & should be factored somehow.

If you factor both the above items, the calculation may turn out entirely different
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Clutch, brake pads, brake discs etc are consumables required at regular interval and I heard in the other forum that clutch plates in T-JET needs to be changed more frequently than MJD? If that is true and coupled with the exorbitant price of spare parts for T-JET the cost of ownership of T-JET will increase very much. And as these consumables are not covered in warranty there will be a big hole in packet.