1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Linea T-Jet Vs MJD ownership cost comparison

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Rachit Bhatnagar, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    While killing time at home, I thought to check how economical or sensible it is to buy Petrol over Diesel car these days, after de-regulation of Diesel price recently. I'm attaching a snapshot of the excel sheet I created but can'y upload on forum being an excel sheet is restricted to post here, that can be used by TFI members to see what suits them best as per their monthly running average. You can select OTR price & Fuel cost by clicking on the hyperlink provided on the sheet to check your city rates. I even tried to upload the same on TFI facebook page but unable to do so. Can someone suggest me how to post excel files.
    MJD vs TJET.jpg

MJD vs TJET.jpg
    PradeepM, raj29, drsantoshms and 2 others like this.
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    luckily, just crossed the 2.8 year mark. time to recover more i would say
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    If you consider the interest on the difference amount plus the interest on the loan amount,
    The recovery year will be 1-2 years more.
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you please zip the excel file and try to upload.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Consider the spare prices as well. Tjet spares are costlier than MJD. Clutch change on mjd costs 7k while on tjet it costs 28k. MJD flywheel costs 2450 rs. Tjet flywheel costs 30k.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  6. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Attached is the zipped excel file.

@mchanna, definately if you consider intrest component also then cost of recovery for the extra premium paid on Diesel car will go up by 1yrs plus. And by that time many of the people may think of upgrade to next car. Don't forget Deisel vehicle 2nd hand value depritiate more than Petrol vehicle. But in FIAT case its not a big deal as both Diesel & petrol depritiate drastically

@Italia-Linea, I'v included only running cost of like fuel & service. As spares you never know, when it is required to replace or one may not be change for whole life.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    mchanna and Ravi like this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Another point to note currently is that the MJD is getting discounts. Hence the price difference between Tjet and MJD will be less than the assumed one which can tilt the decision in favor of the MJD.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Clutch, brake pads, brake discs etc are consumables required at regular interval and in case of MJD and TJET these intervals are more or less same and known ones.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Just calculated with 2500 km/month, high running in a month with all other figures remaining same.
    MJD is the apt one, recovery in 1 year.

upload_2014-9-10_15-0-36.png
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Wondering if TJet spares are gold platted :eek:o_O costing 4 to 10 times more.
    Probably they are imported, but then also its exorbitant