1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by T-Jetter, Jan 6, 2012.

1. T-Jetter

T-Jetter

Mangalore
    I took delivery of my new Linea T-Jet plus Bossa Nova White on 10th Nov 2011. Selected the T-Jet after reveiwing the New fuidic verna, Honda City, Vento & New Ford Fiesta. Upgrading from a Hyundai i10 to a T-Jet. The T-Jet is a wondeful car and after 600 Kms on the odo am really happy with my purchase. (Just keeping it within 3K rpm for the runin)
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats T-Jetter, the T-jet is a real rocker....
    Just should know to handle it. one think if you need the Turbo just forget the FE and enjoy the calm Italian turning to a Furious Monster. Or just enjoy the beauty of Mangalore nature with hills and paddy fields surrounding round with Red mud.
    I am basically from mangalore, but could not trace many Fiats when i visited last time (6 months back), Hw os the popu;ation of Fiat cars?????
  3. T-Jetter

T-Jetter

Mangalore
    Thanks Tony.

As i am in the running in period keeping the revs in check, will unleash it after the 2K on the odo. In Mangalore the Fiat nos are less but i do see Fiats around on the road but hardly any T-jet.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats on getting the Jet.

As for the running in period, it's a good practice to follow a gradual opening up of the engine. There is no set limit of kilometres to be followed (neither does FIAT mention any) , after which you can rip the engine. That'll do more harm than good.

Drive the car normally, without redlining it. Keep increasing max revs gradually. Do not rip open the engine suddenly even after you've crossed some XYZ km's. Gradually is the key!

Cheers.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Congrats for the one of the best car around & welcome to the TJet club !
  6. T-Jetter

T-Jetter

Mangalore
    Thanks Gurjinder & rsinfo for the welcome

Gurjinder will follow the gradual opening method, i am driving in the normal mode now, just keeping the revs under 3K, will open her up gradually