1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea T-Jet Fuel pump issue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Kapalin, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Team,

Greetings!

My Fiat Linea T-Jet is two years old and only 10000KMS passed, Suddenly last week the vehicle started to stall and even if I accelerate there is no pressure from engine and it moves for certain distance and engine gets off automatically. After we start the vehicle it will move fine for 3kms and the problem starts again. The Ramkay Fiat service person told me that there is a lot of dust in the fuel pump and it has to be replaced.

He says it will not cover under the warranty as there is no record of second service being done in the database, it is violating the policy and it will be charged to me. But I did do the second service with the Ramkay fiat service station last October 2015, I have misplaced that bill.

Could any body please guide me if I can get this replaced with Warranty or can I speak to any higher authority to get this replaced. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kapalin
  2. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ask Ramkay to provide full service history for your car. That will have your second service details as well. If they refuse to give it, you can try to get it from RDC Fiat.
  3. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Carl,

Thank you for your comment, The Ramkay person says I have checked complete history and the vehicle just came for body shop( As there was a dent in the front below headlamp), He denies a service being done. But I am sure I left the vehicle for the service and to fix the dent.

Will the fuel pump get damaged so soon due to rust and dust?

Thanks,
    Deepak
  4. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Kapalin Not sure about damage due to rust or dust. Also are you sure it is the fuel pump that is faulty here? Did you notice any symptom before this like sudden power loss ? If possible please get in touch with RDC Fiat and try to get your vehicle's service history.
  5. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Carl, Yes the fuel pump is faulty that's sure. No symptom just 20 days back I took a long drive around 300KMS. Enjoyed the drive.
    I will try to contact RDC Fiat service. Thank you
    carl_jhonson likes this.
  6. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    You must be filling up petrol from a station that sells poor quality of fuel in order to get the fuel pump damaged so early.

If there is no record of any fuel filter change in the past two years then FIAT would deny warranty claim since they recommend customers to change the filter every year. Although 10k is really very low but still they would have the edge legally.

Do you frequently drive with low fuel? I never allow the yellow light to glow.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @Kapalin, don't you have the counter-foils in your service book stamped during the service? If not, then you may be at loss.

Similar thing happened with me during the second year for different problem (oil mixing in coolant through heat exchanger), when FCA denied claim for warranty for the same reason as yours (the FASS informed me). I fired FASS for not maintain the records in the central database and submitted photocopy of the stamped counter-foils and wrote to FCA mention the same. Soon approval came for the replacement.

Regarding "yellow lighting", I also take the same care as @Soumik mentioned. FASS SA had cautioned me that it puts pressure on the fuel pump.

Keep us updated.
  8. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, consider anything in general. When there is less fluid the pump has to work hard. It is applicable to the water pump in your house too! ;)
    prabhjot and Ravi_M like this.