1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea T-Jet A/C Issue !!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by tjetdriver, Jun 30, 2014.

1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    This November 2014 my T-Jet will complete 4 years. I have run close to 40,000 kms.
    Recently the A/C stopped working, there was no cooling. I went and showed it to one of Fiat's service center, Aadya Motors/Ebony Automobiles in Bangalore on Jun 19th 2014. They said there is a hosing problem and will replace the hosing.They gave an estimate of 6K. I said fine and they replaced. After 2 days they called again and said they may have to replace the Evaporator. The estimate was corrected to 12K. I asked to continue the work. Then i checked my extended warranty and the evaporator is part of it, so i asked them to do it under warranty. Initially there was reluctance but huge insistence on my part, they wrote to Fiat India and got it done through extended warranty. I paid 6K, minus the 6K for the extended warranty on the Evaporator.

I took the delivery after 8 days on 27th June 2014. When i took the car, the cooling was fine. but again in the night the cooling had reduced. Again the next day i took the car to a scheduled trip with family. When i switched on the A/C there was no cooling even after 15-20 mins, i cancelled the trip and went to the service station. When i showed it to them again on 28th June, they said they will come back after finding root cause. They called again in the evening and told the piping between the Evaporator and Condenser has a leak and has to be replaced. This is again again costing me 4-5K.

Have anyone faced AC issues on their T-Jet ?? I feel there was also a wrong diagnosis and in effect i have to shell out 10K.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Did they check the O-ring? The O-ring used to be the favorite for the AC not working/gas evaporating in the 2010/2011 TJets
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

^^ This. The o-ring near the condenser is notorious for failure.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The infamous O-ring ! Also tell them to check compressor. Mine went kaput 2 times during extended warranty.
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Did you get the AC Gas pressure checked....or did you get the AC gas topped up or replaced??

If yes.. then this is a case of overfilling the AC Gas. This usually throws up these symptoms... cools at first..then stops cooling..then cools again...then stops cooling...and cycle continues.

If you have noticed same symptoms.. get the Service center guys to refill the AC gas to required pressure.. that should do the trick.
    1 person likes this.
  6. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I have not been mentioned by the service guys about the O-Ring. I was only told about the Evaporator or Hose issue and now the piping issue.
    Any idea how much the O-Ring costs ? i have already shelled out 10K !!

BTW I have written to the Fiat India guys and got immediate response saying that they will look into the issue. I dont know if i will get a reimbursement ;-)
  7. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    They have replaced the O-Ring too.
    Now they have found out the hose pipe is the problem. The Fiat Pune had called to say that they have shipped the hose pipe by air to the service center.
    So hopefully i will get it on Saturday or Monday.. Effectively 18 days !!
  8. Satish Joshi

Satish Joshi Timido

Linea 1.4

I am having issues with the car AC from past few days, it is not cooling as expected even on low temperature.

Can any one help me what the problem might be, is it possible that the AC gas has emptied?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    @Satish Joshi, The above post is merged with this existing thread, please read the above posts for more information.
    Please let us know how old is your car.

10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Kindly dispense more info as suggested by Moderator. Also have you shown it to service center yet or in past. Year and model helps. Since there are two variants of AC with top end having HVAC and climate control modules and compressors and AC controls unit. Kindly clean the ac filter, check ac gas pressure, also check AC evaporator and valve. Could be one or multiple issues. If you travel to Mumbai there is an AC expert for Fiat you might wanna get it done from. Else Pandit or Sky and others will be well equipped as well. The gas needs to be specific type as provided specified by Fiat. Kindly ignore redundant information if any.
    PradeepM likes this.