1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Sports has arrived - Ownership details from Page 6

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by BoseSuman, Jun 14, 2014.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat Linea Sports: - Details & Ownership:-

Fiat Linea Sports: - Details & Ownership:-

Dear All,

As you know I was searching for Sedan and started searching last year. Checked all type of car: - Vento-Rapid, Fiesta, Linea-MJD & TJET, Cruze & Jetta.

I was searching for diesel sedan and Tjet was the only petrol car I had included (not considered petrol scenario for this car, full enjoy J ).
    Extended my search till Jetta. Impressed with JETTA too. This is typical VW car unlike modified VW for India (Vento or Polo). TDed TJET side by side, no difference I felt from both driving & handling part. VW steering is precise and top quality. As CKD all parts are top-notch.

Checked all Price: - 22L On road, it is quite more than extension. I had budget 10-12 and can be stretched further till 15L. So 7 L more is quite impossible for me. So dropped Jetta.
    Now TJET: - 10.76 On road and impressed me lot, multiple TD with various speed, mileage test all. Now went ahead and booked Tjet on 13[SUP]th[/SUP] June and 29[SUP]th[/SUP] June was the scheduled delivery of TJET- with New Pearl White.

My Parents were here in Hyderabad and I was felling good to get the Car with my family. But I didn’t get any news about TJet. Everyone asked me what is in this car and why I have chosen this, they wanted Linea Diesel. Checked that also in 2 TD, and as I had punto I knew MJD’s character. So wanted different to check. But destiny has decided different. No Proper News from dealer. I sold my Punto on 27[SUP]th[/SUP] and received the payment, same day Bank loan also ready. But no news for TJET.My Parents had ticket to return to hometown on 8[SUP]th[/SUP] July. They left and I had no car and no news of TJET.

I was really frustrated and directly met with Ankitha Motors MD, told him what is happening and no news about TJET. He assured me that he will take care of this and checked the Car details in DMS system. It was still in production. He immediately told his SA’s to prepare a new Linea as loaner car for me, and it was registered and given to me for driving till I get the delivery of my car.
    It was brand new white Linea MJD Dynamic and has H22 on ODO when I received the Car at my office on 8[SUP]th[/SUP] July evening. Mr. Kashyap who is MD of Ankitha motors told me he will take this case personally and will monitor this till I get delivery. On the very morning of 14[SUP]th[/SUP] July I called him for the details of TJET, He told me that no news as no details he received from Plant about the delivery, it was still showing in Production.

I thought it is my destiny not helping me for TJET (may be due to practicality and as I do so many long drives). So asked him for any MJD emotion is available or not, he told one Magnesio gray emotion came with New Punto from Plant. I told him I have seen this car while unloading and parking with new Punto’s. Informed him that I need to do a PDI and if ok I need this car only, checked with Family. All are ok with Magnesio gray. Did the Initial PDI with my wife and told them to raise TR on the same day.

Mr. Kashyap was monitoring this activity and informed his team to raise TR immediately, I paid the rest amount. TR raised at evening on 14[SUP]th[/SUP] July.
    So initially frustrated with Ankitha motors and later direct MD’s help thrilled me, I became very happy.

As I did servicing and check up for my Punto, So aware of the attitude, behavior and friendly gesture of Ankitha workshop Team. They are very generous. Finally Good news for Hyderabad for getting a good dealer & good helpful workshop. I wish they will flourish in future like anything.

As I had intension to modify Linea with cosmetic looks, had a plan to buy white linea and modify it with sporty look. Now as Magnesio Gray I have chosen so one colour came to my mind as Glossy Black. So decided to go with Glossy black with Magnesio gray.

Mr. Kashyap already knew my plan, he personally taken care of this modification and monitored all activity with excellent quality.
    Mirror Cap, Spoiler & Alloy painting started and finished by 15[SUP]th[/SUP] evening. 16[SUP]th[/SUP] Morning I got the delivery.

Roof painting was pending due to permanent registration. So I did the permanent registration on 17[SUP]th[/SUP] July itself and handed over to Painter of Ankitha motors- Ahmed. Who did stupendous job with alloy, mirror cap and spoiler. I was more keen for the quality of roof, and after the job I am very happy and surprised to see the outcome of final job, it is same like factory painted.

Now the Car details what Fiat has done & I have modified:-

Fiat Linea comes with high GC with 190mm for emotion, and drive is almost same as earlier model (post GC). Little bit of body roll was there what I felt (As I drove old Punto with Low GC), so able to find this difference, but it is very minimal and can be felt at high speed only. I had decided to change this GC kit with older version, so it became to 170mm GC (pre 2012 set-up).
    Ride & handling is more firm and I felt linea drive is more comfortable and plush than Punto. It is like gliding over the road.

Somehow I liked Old linea front look more than new linea. Rear part is ok from my side. I don’t like excessive chrome work in front look. But getting used to with it and after modification it is growing to me. But still I can’t digest the chrome work on the fog lamp bezel and one linear chrome part at lower section. Dynamic version looks really good with less chrome. Except this I loved the looks of linea, 3-quarter look and side profile with Black alloys looks really good.
    I have modified Roof, spoiler, mirror cap & alloy with glossy black colour (same colour as punto sport colour by Fiat)

Positive changes FIAT has done in Linea silently:-

1. Ride/Handling, and Drive is more comfortable than 2012 or High GC linea now with 190 mm GC too, I made it more plush and firm with GC lowering (personal choice).
    2. Biggest change is interior quality, dash board fit-finish, ignition control plastic quality is better and gap is no more evident now (but still require more finish here).
    3. Another big change is the Music System: - it is high quality now, and you will be surprised to hear that Emotion model comes with superior quality sound, yes you read it right. There are drastic changes in Dynamic & Emotion model sound quality, I have used both with same set-up for same song in both model. In Dynamic you will feel the same quality as you used to hear from ICE set-up. But in emotion model it is like surround sound with woofer effect. HYD TFI members also checked this; it is big leap changes and comes with very good bass & treble quality.
    4. Gear ratio somehow tweaked little what I felt, less lag now in city what I felt; it pulls cleanly from 1200 RPM. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear is better now, rubbery feel is still there but gear shift feeling is improved from earlier model.

Negative changes/continuation:-

1. Couple of area where Plastics are bad and fit-finish is still same as earlier model, need improvement here.
    2. 1.3 MJD engine with 92 BHP is decent performer, for me it is very good in highway as I drive at decent speed. Though I felt It required big engine for performance (Still I believe 1.3 MJD is practical decent performer, but Fiat performance car is only TJET J ).
    3. Excessive heavy chrome work in New Linea. Need good designer with taste J.

Now I know all of you get bored with above lecture J, now presenting refreshment with Pictures, Enjoy & drive safely.

PDI:- ODO reading:-

Conversion:- Punto Sports to Linea Sports:-

Exterior Looks:-

First TankFul & till Today:-

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Amazing photos Suman. Those glossy black alloys and black ORVMs make it look sporty. There was a confusion because of which I thought you got your brand new car remapped by the wolf guys and hence I mentioned it as "wolfed MJD" on HVK few days back when you posted a pic there. :p Linea MJD has a very good performance capability on the highways. Since you are already used to the diesel economy, I feel you did the right thing by staying with the MJD.
    1 person likes this.
  3. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

your alloys look amazing in glossy black color.paint quality is jus superb.excellent job done bose.:cool:
    1 person likes this.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    U just gave the elegant lady..a sporty look...Wow...
    and S.even i feel the new punto and Linea are Over Chromed..
    1 person likes this.
  5. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats , Looks great with the mod as you said old linea front looks better than this.

any idea of using stickers ?
    1 person likes this.
  6. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

lol i was wondering where did fiat manage to pull off a linea sport while we are waiting for new punto and aventura from months..btw nice mod bro, IMO better then your old punto sports :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful Pics !! Linea Looking Great!
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Many Thanks Yasik Bhai :). Now no regret for TJET as family members are happy with diesel ( in City no difference in MJD or TJET).

Thanks Varun, Painter did stupendous job actually, credit goes to him :). I am really happy with roof too.

Thanks Adisrini.

Thanks, Linea looks good in plane elegant mod, Stickers are good in Punto ( personal view). So No Sticker in Linea.

Hahaha Abhi, Hope Fiat also project linea TJET with 150 HP as sports model.

Thanks Abhishek.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Great writeup Suman and thanks for those lovely pics.

I for one felt the OVRM colour and the black alloys doesnt quite gel with the already darker shade car colour. It doesnt stand out. My personal opinion.

How much did the spoiler cost?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    1 person likes this.
  10. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3
    @BoseSuman - The OVRM could have been in body colour itself. Good choice of tyres and the car looks stealth. Love the pics.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.