1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea queries from non-FIATian

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aashish Kulkarni, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Aashish Kulkarni

Aashish Kulkarni Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Unfortunately I cant spend for 2014 emotion diesel linea as my budget is only upto 3.5lacs. What kind of niggles one may expect in those 2009_10 models? Btw, how much a good condition linea diesel emotion pk should cost for 2009 model?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A niggle can be something like a faulty boot door opener and such. All small and big issues are fixable. What you need to check is if there is too much alterations or bad overall condition, badly maintained vehicle for which a SC can help you.

A good condition 2009 emotion pk car could cost from 3.5 to 4.5 lacs or more depending on the level of care and condition and expectation of prior owner.
    Aashish Kulkarni and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The only serious 'issue' with the early Linea-s was the clutch master-slave (?) cylinder: Post-2012 Linea-s have a total fix, a whole new installation, i believe. It's no issue if you get say a 2010 Linea with the old clutch cylinder: head on over to FASS and get the new design one installed. Not expensive, totally worth it, butter smooth, reliable. If needing to at all: many early Linea owners have not had issues with it.

cheers
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Aashish Kulkarni, what is your budget ? When going second hand, always buy a car in Top end trim with Genuine low run Kms and recent year of Manufacture and registration. Pre 2012 models had less ground clearance and you can upgrade it for 15 k . Just ensure you buy emotion Pk if pre 2012 and emotion if 2012 onwards. Sometimes, the mid variant and top variant will be pitched at the same price.

All the best. I bought a 2011 Manufactured Linea diesel top end in 2012 with 26 k on Odo.fyi. Just ensure that the car is Genuine. That's all.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 25, 2014 ---
    Wasn't that replaced FOC during service ?
  5. Aashish Kulkarni

Aashish Kulkarni Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @GP_Freak My budget is 2.5lac to 4lac depending upon the year of manufacture. How much did you buy year Linea for? Just 1 year old? Very difficult to find such cars here in Pune.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @GP_Freak Yes, there was a sort of 'soft' recall. I feel there are many who may never have got the replacement done, though.